The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Rolling an invisible cigarette (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
By the way, Pete, I just re-read my post before your last one and realized that it could (could) come off as a snide response. I actually meant the comment as a "Hey, we thought of the same thing!" kind of deal. I also just saw Eric Jones do this on a YouTube video, the same way you pointed it out, but really - it is not exactly a hard or far-fetched thing to think of, is it? Do you use Smoke from Alan? If so, how do you like it?
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Do not underestimate the value of this trick in terms of audience reaction.

I did this this past weekend to open my close-up sequence as part of the All-Star "Magic of Schulien's" Close-up Show at this year's 2011 Houdini Club Convention and it got gasps from the audience.

In close-up situations, I do this as a 1-2-3 sequence where I:

1. Explain that I'm trying to quit smoking, remarking that 100 years ago you couldn't go to the store and buy cigarettes, you would have to roll your own, then proceed to do so using a cigarette paper (flash paper) and pantomime pulling a small pouch of tobacco from my breast pocket, opening the drawstring bag, pouring the invisible tobacco into the ciagarette paper, then finish rolling the cigarette, light the paper, and with a flash a real cigarette appears at my fingertips.

2. I then vanish the cigarette using Eugene Burger's "Cocaine Cigarette" move, and then say.....wow....they gave me a BIG headache, at which point I reach in my right coat pocket, pull-out a tiny aspirin tin, then shake out a GIANT Aspirin pill from it.

It's a NICE sequence and it works.

During the summer, when I work outside for rock promoters and entertain the bands backstage, I use a cold fire gimmic, light my thumb, and light the cigarette and vanish it using a cigarette pull.

In my opinion, "Flash Cigarette" DESTROYS!!!
Jon Blakeney
View Profile
Special user
Australia
657 Posts

Profile of Jon Blakeney
Fielding West teaches this on his two dvd set
The Fielding West Comedy magic show.
Heaps of great stuff on these dvds
'What the eye's see the heart must believe"
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Tom Mullica teaches this on one of his cig magic videos. I haven't seen everyones version of this but of all the versions I have seen his is the only one that doesn't look as is he is hiding something in his hand.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2011-09-01 11:10, mmmario wrote:
Eeek! Really? Ouch. I typed in Roy Benson cigarette and only got a few of him doing the chinese sticks and the benson bowl thang. How embarrassing. I'll click the link. Thanks Great Hegblini.

I totally agree with your video stance and methinks you judge me too quickly. I did say a dvd of his performances. Apart from wanting to see how clean it was in performance I'd love to add it to my collection of performance only dvds which I love showing my non magician friends. Roy's great. The By Starlight book has been on my wish list for a few weeks now and this effect may clinch the sale.

Thanks again.

You started out wanting to learn a magic trick, and end up only wanting a video to show your friends. Very strange, as most magicians want to learn a trick to show their friends to show 'what they can do', not entertain them with videos.

What video there is of Roy Benson is being sold in DVD format. It's title is "IT'S MAGIC" sold by Miracle Factory. This is not a teaching DVD but a watching DVD.
peculiarone
View Profile
Veteran user
Fence almost done. I've already put in
324 Posts

Profile of peculiarone
Check the magic of Alan Wakeling.
AndreOng1
View Profile
Regular user
SIngapore
110 Posts

Profile of AndreOng1
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2011, Gary Kosnitzky wrote:
Tarbell Course has a great method.
Vito Lupo also has a great method in his lecture notes.
Do you really need to light it?
Become anti-smoking and just vanish it up your nose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYaweb44fe8

Tarbel is best for most things!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bill Hegbli:

Roy Benson by Starlight is now going for $450......

And the moral of that story is.......

1. Buy everything you can as a Magician, and...
2. Hold onto it forever.......
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Rolling an invisible cigarette (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL