The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Magic Café (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Hi all, I'm from London and pretty new to magic. Although I've always had an interest I never had time to dedicate to the art, due to many years of study.

I finally decided to explore the art as I was Christmas shopping last year, I was buying loads of presents for family and decided to purchase something for myself. So I purchased a dynamic coin set. A few days later I went to Davenports Magic and got the coin squeeze. The first month or so I was fascinated by brass tricks and anything else that was beautifully engineered. Now 9 months down the line I now own many books & tricks that cover cards, coins, silks etc. I now frequent establishments such as Davanports in London and can't believe I hadn't discovered this community earlier, oh well better late than never.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Welcome mal3 to the Café
a place to learn new things
and also a place to meet new friends.
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Thanks bowers
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome Mal3,

I really like the brass engineered pieces as well. The weight, the smell, the feel, it all seems so solid and trustworthy.

Magic is a great hobby with many "rooms", have fun.

-Mary Mowder
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
Welcome to the Café. You are sure to find many people here who will share your interest and passion for magic. Enjoy and welcome!
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Thanks all for the warm welcome.
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Hello and welcome !

Well, love at first sight between me and magic began on a christmas market with a dynamic coin too !
How funny that !

Wish you the best feelings ever with magic in the future !

/J Lefebure
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Thanks Lefebure.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1083 Posts

Profile of BCS
Mal3... I enjoyed your comment regarding brass items “beautifully engineered.” It’s true, there are so many items that are so cleverly designed... brass items, coins and old parlor box stuff; I to fell under their spell starting out so many years ago. I wonder if 10 years from now, will there be any of these little wonders available... will all the craftsmen be gone???... will there be just the poorly made knock offs from Asia???

Welcome and have fun at The Café,
Bruce
Mal3
View Profile
New user
UK
79 Posts

Profile of Mal3
Hi BCS, I hope there will be even better craftsmen around. But that's the problem anything that can be engineered can be done so much more cheaply in Asia. We just have to support the creators and avoid being tempted by the knockoffs. I love stuff like coin squeeze, genius, well made, will last a lifetime, and a great effect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello Magic Café (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL