The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Bold Assembly by, well, me! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Hey guys!

I know there's another thread about this (http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=431286&forum=218&84) but I thought it would also be appropriate to post it here since, after all, it is a video!

For anyone who remembers when I posted a video years ago of, it'll be interesting to note how much it's changed and improved. The download itself, available from Thebluecrown.com is 30 minutes long and has tons of ideas discovered over the past few years of using it. I hope you all enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPEKlnKU88

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Ben - that is superb and bold indeed! I'd never dare, but you perform it with such elegance and confidence that it flies. Brilliant!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ben I remember you doing this I liked it then. this version is so much more elagant and looks so much cleaner; this is 100 percent better
throw MaMa form the Train LOL
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Thanks guys!

The Blue Crown guys did a great job making me look not-so-stupid (big thanks for that!). And, regarding the boldness of the method, I promise it's not NEARLY as scary as you think it is- and I cover why on the 30+ minute download. There are also variations that remove some of the very small risks.

I don't like getting caught so I try and design my material, and any material I use, to be pretty fool proof. Suffice to say, if I can do it you can to.

:)

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On 2011-09-14 17:05, Ben Train wrote:

I don't like getting caught so I try and design my material, and any material I use, to be pretty fool proof.

Maybe that's my problem. My routines contain impossible-to-cover angles using principles easily reconstructed by the spectator and I'm still getting busted! Maybe I'll try your approach.

There are two things about this routine that I particularly enjoy. First is that the laydown of cards is done in a very casual manner without any mugging of the deck typical with many common s******* used in ace assemblies. It's got a very loose and casual feel in which your handling actually reminds me a bit of Ben Earl.

Second, there are elements of the routine that seem clearly designed to throw off magicians. I appreciate those touches as well. In other words, this routine would appear to play equally well to magicians and non-magicians alike, which allows it to perform double-duty.

You obviously don't need any more atta-boy's, but well done.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
"without any mugging of the deck typical with many common s******* used in ace assemblies."

This was, I believe, one of Ben's main goals, eliminating the usual switches and displacements, thus making it as clear and straightforward, and clean, as possible.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Bold Assembly by, well, me! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL