The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi I am looking for advise in regards to Spirt Theater shows or rather Bizarre magic.

I have been performing as a busker now for a number of years so my ability to hold an audience is strong.

I am no stranger to story telling, as I use to be a tour guide in Jerusalem 4 hour tour.

I am new to Bizarre Magic despite having hosted wigi seasons boards I have limited experience in Bizarre.

I posses a Copy of Spirt Theatre, Signed by the Man him self Smile

I even have a small living room theater to hand.

So what am I looking for!

I want to put on a show for aprox 60min,
I am wanting a strong story all should I say I would like to take my audience on a journey.
With minimum effects but perhaps lead the audience one central effect what can I say WHICH WILL BLOW THEM AWAY!

I would hope the whole show could fit in a suitcase smaller the better!

While am at it does any one have thoughts of the book, Book of Shadows?
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
This is a great book, especialy for the story telling performer, at least in my opinion:

http://www.marketplaceofthemind.com/larry_baukin.html

Enjoy
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
Quote:
On 2011-09-08 09:56, Mario Morris wrote:
With minimum effects but perhaps lead the audience one central effect what can I say WHICH WILL BLOW THEM AWAY!

I would hope the whole show could fit in a suitcase smaller the better!

Well, Lebanon Circle range like Dolly Darko, Abberline Repository or Crookes residual ectometron would fit perfectly.
Outlaw effects as well (the departed, Luna book test etc.)
If you want a ready made show, Tony Chris'Carnival of magick is very interesting too !

You can also combine your spirit/mentalism effects with a routine called White Star (by Jim Critschlow I guess) and perform a whole show "Ghosts of the Titanic" (low price but very efficient). You can make the spirit talk about their death in the ocean, simulate contacts and question-answer with them. It's easy to find items from boat and nautic world (emergency bells, for exemple), ageing them and explain your audience that these things from the bottom of the ocean will "open" a channel between you and the Titanic. Copies of lauch tickets can be useful for mentalism routines...

Personnaly I read "the book of shadows" but I was a bit dissapointed. It's very good for stage performances, but you must have right raw materials, tools, time and space at home to construct your illusions ! If you live in a small flat and can't use a saw, forget it.
I prefered books like "Hauntiques" or "Myth mind and magic".
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1043 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Stephen Ward has a nice book on putting together a show. I've been using it to put together a series of effects around Jack the Ripper and another routine around a box belonging to the late Miss Emily Rose, later known by another name. While Outlaw have provided a lot of background going through his suggestions.

http://www.stephengaryward.com/scripting-book.html

Work in progress

http://s161.photobucket.com/albums/t238/......%20Rose/
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
@ Joshua J I just bought the book!

Nice box and content BTW Smile
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
Bill Fienning
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of Bill Fienning
Quote:
It's easy to find items from boat and nautic world (emergency bells, for exemple), ageing them and explain your audience that these things from the bottom of the ocean will "open" a channel between you and the Titanic.

It may be difficult to attribute aged nautical items to the Titanic disaster. Very few objects have been recovered from the Titanic, and those are extremely rare, valuable and expensive. You could still use White Star, but then tie the story to another (perhaps fictitious) nautical disaster for which you have these artifacts.

My personal philosophy is to avoid attributions that are essentially impossible because of the reality of the situation. The tarot deck that I use in my seance is new, but I state it is "much like" the tarot decks commonly used some 80 years ago when the girl, who is a nasty poltergeist, was alive.
Bill Fienning

"It's More than Tricks"
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks for all your feedback,
I have been looking into this for some time I guess I should just bit the bullet.
I want put my own show together, like I said I would like to lead the audience one strong central effect!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
After lots of soul searching I have placed my oder in for Maleficium, by Paul Prater and Seven Shades, by Steve Murray
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarre Show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL