The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The D-e-c-k…. check out this cool new deck (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

SpellbinderEntertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
West Coast
3519 Posts

Profile of SpellbinderEntertainment
The D-e-c-k…. check out this cool new deck

This is a new and cool, and creepy item from my publisher.
Lots of uses for Bizarre Magic and Readings.

Check out the video teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOYFhr7adnI

Bro. Walt
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Brother Kotah also highlighted this just this afternoon to me.
What is it? Who created it? What does it do?
Looks like great fun - can't wait to learn more!
[
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Great video and backstory, shame the playback didn't get right to the end.
Could this deck be a mix of tarot and konxari ?

Dr Rob.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
How cool - I believe this is a direct fruit from the madness of the Carcosa Collection Contests - Ron sent in the seeds of this for the Belasco Seance contest wayyyy back - I am so happy to see him take it a further step and turn it into this cool offering...

Makes me feel great - as this is what Carcosa was about - getting people inspired to make wonderful mystery and build the excellence of the community.

Oh if you are looking for the original material sent - it has been buried in the Carcosian vaults and not for public viewing. I am glad to see Leaping Lizards produce this - Dean is a great guy!

Ron, you've now inspired me decide to do another contest - now I'll go think of what it will be...

In fact - I will let Ron decide....:

Hob's Lane or M R James?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2621 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
And, of course, how much for this cute little item. . .?
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Thanks for getting this ball rolling. I have teamed up with Dean Montalbano of leaping lizards on this project.

The seed of thought did indeed begin with Dr/ spektors carcosa collection. MY original take was based on a Gizmo read; a reading accomplished using component parts of a machine to produce a reading for an individual. Dean liked the idea and has taken it and expanded upon it. The result is The machine Oracle Deck. The entire deck has been created by Dean Montalbano.

he and I collaborated on the meanings each machine part might reveal. Man and machine have been connected, two sides of the same coin for many decades. We depend on them, and they depend on us. WE created them, they are our children in a way for good or bad.
Machines have been used to replace hearts, kidneys and lungs. Micro robotics/ machines will be placed in our bodies in the future.

Some even invision micro computers being implanted in our brains to inhance thought ; or they may achieve the ability to learn and think for themselves. Frightening possibilities which the Machine Oracle deck may allow you to tap in to.

Dean says more info and a pre release price may be posted soon.

You and I can wait for the news together.

Dr Spektor, thrilling news, the notion of a new Carcosa Challenge.

not fair for me to choose , although I am honoredyou offered. But carcosa id your baby, you make the decision!

Kotah
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
We'll have more information, and an official announcment on this project- the brainchild of Kotah and Stark- within the week- thank you for all the positive thoughts and comments.
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
(Said with a fixed gaze upon the face wearing a half mischevious, half wondrous smile) Oh, my!.....
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Eleven years ago this OCtober, I died for abrief time on the operating table while undergoing a heart transplant. For five months prior while awaiting news of a donor heart, a machine, a oump called an L-VAD beat within my chest. It clacked and struck my ribs with each beat, loud enough to keep my wife awake at night in another room. An 11 pound battery powered it when ever we traveled and no plug in was available. Power outages during a storm were a very real concern. Now the heart of a stranger resides within my chest. I sometimes wonder if my darker muse belongs more to him than to me? Any how. The L-VAD has a strange side of its own. The name for the artifical heart is an anagram for VLAD. A dark prince who knew blood extremely well.

That my friends is my own real life connection to machines, and perhaps one reason/ inspiration for the Machine Oracle Deck to have surfaced in my mind.

Kotah
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
Quote:
On 2011-09-16 09:07, KOTAH wrote:
Eleven years ago this OCtober, I died for abrief time on the operating table while undergoing a heart transplant. For five months prior while awaiting news of a donor heart, a machine, a oump called an L-VAD beat within my chest. It clacked and struck my ribs with each beat, loud enough to keep my wife awake at night in another room. An 11 pound battery powered it when ever we traveled and no plug in was available. Power outages during a storm were a very real concern. Now the heart of a stranger resides within my chest. I sometimes wonder if my darker muse belongs more to him than to me? Any how. The L-VAD has a strange side of its own. The name for the artifical heart is an anagram for VLAD. A dark prince who knew blood extremely well.

That my friends is my own real life connection to machines, and perhaps one reason/ inspiration for the Machine Oracle Deck to have surfaced in my mind.

Kotah

I am glad to know that you are still alive and well in respects to your great personality and your contributions to the art of magic, but I can not imagine a more fitting inspiration for something like this than such a deeply personal experience as that.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
In the furure if machines and their components become part and parcel of man himself;

will they invade his soul as well?

Will man kind eventually face salvage yards rather than salvation ?

The Machine Oracle Deck may reveal those things unknown.

Kotah
uabrn
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of uabrn
Kotah,
Wonderful news regarding the successful transplant and your source of inspiration. I'm a hobbyist and an RN who entertains staff and patients when it is appropriate and welcome. I was wondering if there is more info regarding the Machine Oracle Deck and it's use. Any video samples? I think this would fit in with some mentalism I'm doing. Thanks for any help you can offer.
"Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. LAUGH! Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is." - Mary Anne Radmacher
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
THanks Mary Anne, I have responded to the PM you sent.

Kotah
Septimus Hexx
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of Septimus Hexx
The posting from 2011 has already happened. Take look at young call centre workers. Their souls have been invaded. Try to separate one of them from their smart phone - over your dead body!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The D-e-c-k…. check out this cool new deck (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL