The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello to all (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

d.angelo ferri
View Profile

0 Posts

Profile of d.angelo ferri
My name is Dennis Barlotta, in art, D. Angelo Ferri. My teacher was Slydini. I’ve written some books on my teacher’s magic and I perform. I prefer to speak Italian during my shows and tend towards that market. I began my magic career as a Bartender /Magician and so I have an interest in traditional approaches to Close Up Magic. Frankly I tend to avoid my fellow magicians. It is a little like having Frank Sinatra for a teacher and then going out and singing his songs. There is only one Sinatra, there is only one Slydini. I’ve enjoyed reading the posts on the Magic Café Forum. I am fascinated by how our art evolves. As example, many years ago I bought the ‘Wild Card Trick’ and performed it in the standard way. One day I saw Tommy Wonder do his version of the routine and it was wonderful, fresh approach. I’m a big Don Alan fan and have adapted some of his routines to my way of working. Hello to all. D
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome d.angelo ferri,

WOW, with Slydini as a teacher you must feel well prepared for performance. Bet you have some great stories (and hopefully pictures).

I know what you mean about evolution. Magic that would have put you in respectable territory when I started in Magic can now seem a little dated (I still like it though).

-Mary Mowder
Kingman
View Profile
Loyal user
Willow Spring NC
294 Posts

Profile of Kingman
Hey welcome to the forum. I am sure that you will make more than a few jealous when you mention your teacher's name. Smile

I look forward to hearing your stories and seeing your input.

Kingman
-*-The Card Magic of Kingman-*-

I took the Pledge
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Salve Angelo benvenuto caro. Io pure ho avuto un maestro di importanza.
I to have had a great teacher: I mentioned him here as well.
I to have a tendency to shy away from other colleague.
Welcome among us.
d.angelo ferri
View Profile

0 Posts

Ciao Donrodrigo
Grazie per la vostra e-mail.Si prega di perdonare il mio italiano. Sono nato negli Stati Uniti. La mia famiglia, vennero in America dalla Sicilia, Napoli e Abruzzo, tanti anni fa.Quando ero un ragazzino ho parlato napoletano.Sono molto orgoglioso della mia eredità italiana. Il mio sogno è quello di portare la magia del Slydini in Italia. Credo che solo in Italia, può la magia Slydini di esistere nella sua forma pura. Lo scorso settembre, ho visitato mago Silvan, nella sua casa a Roma.Lui è un grande artista e un uomo meraviglioso. E 'elegante, intelligente e molto gentile. Mi ha invitato a casa sua e mi mostrò la sua biblioteca. Ricorderò quel giorno per tutto il tempo della mia vita.
d.angelo ferri
View Profile

0 Posts

Regarding some pictures I would be happy to share, how do I post them?
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Aldo Is a good human being. Great maestro and intertainer.
d.angelo ferri
View Profile

0 Posts

Aldo Colombini? Yes, absolutely!

D
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Apparte lui,parlavo di silvan.
d.angelo ferri
View Profile

0 Posts

Silvan! Che onore e l'esperienza ! Io sono nessuno ma mi ha accolto nella sua casa bella e mi ha fatto sentire come un re. Si prega di dirgli che ho detto Salve. Si prega di dirgli 'grazie per la vostra gentilezza e ispirazione'.

Ringraziamento

D
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
You guys should use your spell check. I can't read a word you wrote.

-Mary
d.angelo ferri
View Profile

0 Posts

Ciao Mary:
We are talking about the great Italian Magician, Silvan. He invited me to his home when I was in Rome last September. He showed me his study, which is full of wonderful books, pictures, and all sorts of wonderful things. He treated me to a delicious lunch; he made me feel like a king. I have been struggling at making living with magic for over 30 years and when you have a chance to meet someone who has achieved what you are trying to achieve it can be very Inspirational. Especially when that person is as kind and motivating, as Silvan was to me. Watch Silvan perform; notice his gestures, mannerisms, his elegance, his intelligence, the way he interacts with his audience. He is a great artist and a wonderful man. (I have a few pictures of that day and I will make them available, if there is a way, but please remember I am not much of a computer guy.)
D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Hello to all (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL