The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Restored Credit by David Regal (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I like that is is a credit card without my name on it, because I really like his patter about finding the card and wanting to use it with a participant. It creates a crescendo that culminates with the effect. Yes, probably not a reputation maker, but a lot of fun none-the-less.
KJ
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Many friends ask me months later.."Do that credit card one!" .. great effect. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
I use hotel key-cards. My patter is about how a friend told me that those cards contain some of your personal information (for real, a friend did tell me that), so I broke it to protect my identity...then I realized I still need to get back in my room!
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2013-09-29 14:37, Dr. JK wrote:
I use hotel key-cards. My patter is about how a friend told me that those cards contain some of your personal information (for real, a friend did tell me that), so I broke it to protect my identity...then I realized I still need to get back in my room!

Nice !
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:

Nice !
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Quote:

I second that... nice!

KJ

Seriously, I really like your patter much better than "I found someone's credit card, let's go commit a crime together."
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
But its a credit card. It don't look like a hotel card. Any laymen can tell the diff.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Quote:
On 2013-10-01 11:30, MR Effecto wrote:
But its a credit card. It don't look like a hotel card. Any laymen can tell the diff.

I'm pretty sure he made his own out of a hotel key card. Extra Credit was originally printed in Approaching Magic as a gimmick you could make yourself. Dave released it as a ready made gimmick since people were asking for it.
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Good point. Not a bad idea.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Like the hotel card. Excellent idea, would be great on a cruise ship
Dr. JK
View Profile
Inner circle
Sandusky, OH
1191 Posts

Profile of Dr. JK
M Sini is correct. I adapted my handling from the book. I have no idea if the purchased effect explains how to make another since I've never bought it in that form.
- Jeff Kowalk, The Psychic CPA
www.youtube.com/eruditemagic
IG: @erudite.magic
FB: @eruditemagic
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
No, the Restored Credit product is already assembled and offers no explanation for making another. Approaching Magic - a great book by the way - has Restored Credit and explains how to make it.

Buy both!! You won't regret it. Smile

Jim
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Jim,
I agree, I have both!
KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Restored Credit by David Regal (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL