The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » 3 ring routine with humor (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

perlcapt
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of perlcapt
Over in the forum for new members of the Café, (I'm new) I responded to a question from Mary Mowder about where I got my 3 ring routine. I mentioned a Tannen publ. of Chris Capehart's routine, but also gave credit to a magician whose name I couldn't recall, but whose routine had convinced me that the linking rings, despite their well known gimmick, work very well in producing awe. I have done a little research and found the magician is Tom Ogden, and the routine (which does have patter, btw) can be seen at Tom Ogden on YouTube . I think I laughed just as hard watching this performance on YouTube as I did the many times I saw it at the Magic Castle back around 1987. His Professor's Nightmare rope routine is spectacular as well.
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
The clip of Tom Ogden was priceless...thank you.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
THANKS! I remember seeing Tom's act almost 25 years ago! It was pretty much the same act as shown here. I remember almost falling out of my seat laughing. This was a rare treat!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Commercial, solid, classic. Well done.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magiclimber
View Profile
Veteran user
Boulder, Colorado
315 Posts

Profile of magiclimber
Quote:
On 2011-10-16 12:05, Pete Biro wrote:
Commercial, solid, classic. Well done.

Agreed!
MuleePete
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MuleePete
This is an outstanding example of knowing your routine cold, not allowing any disctactions to get in the way, and keeping your timing of jokes and effects running smoothly.

In my opinion, well worth studying, not to steal the material, but to understand how to put together an entertaining routine.

Pete
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I would guess his material is polished from 5,403 performances.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
That was worth digging this far back into the posts.

I think Tom Ogden may well be my new hero.
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I would like to personally thank howlinhobbit for this and the dozen or so other older posts he's brought back to light recently. Some I remember, some I've never seen, but almost all--like this one--are well worth another look. Slick, clean performance. I love how a moment or two after the Invisible Deck bit you can hear his volunteer shout to her companions, "I DON'T KNOW [how he did it]!"
howlinhobbit
View Profile
New user
Seattle, WA
53 Posts

Profile of howlinhobbit
Well thank you, Motley Mage!

it's been fun digging through here. I've been reminded of a lot of stuff I either once knew about or actually performed. plus I get treats like this and Al Schneider's sweet little one cup routine.

and who knows? maybe by the time I hit 2 weeks or so here, I'll have managed to get to the level where I can access the even larger treats!

(I know patience is a virtue, but it's difficult overcoming the kid on Christmas morning feeling. wanna open my presents now!) Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » 3 ring routine with humor (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL