The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Suzanne's Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
This question is mainly for Bill Palmer, as Suzanne told me to ask him, but I figured the answer might interest anyone who has seen her cups and balls routine.... Bill, what are the cups she's using?

I had the chance to catch her at the Castle last week and seeing her live was a thing of absolute beauty. I've watched the videos over and over and over again, but seeing her in person truly became one of my favorite Magic Castle memories. She's funny, personable, and an incredible performer. If you ever get the chance, go see her do her thing. You won't be sorry.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2705 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Hey Andrew,
You might find the answer in this thread...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=115&25
They do look like the ones Francis has to me.
Bri
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Suzanne told me last Friday while driving to Dean's that she didn't know the manufacturer of her cups, she just bought them at the Twin Cities Magic Shop and that Bill Palmer could probably I.D. them.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Bri - thanks for the link!

Pete - that's what she told me as well. Thanks again for the passes! We had a blast.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Probably by Mikame.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
It is interesting that a great performer does not know her cups but has the skills to create magic no matter what cups she uses. While everyone wants to know who made her cups, I want to know why she choose wooden cups over metal cups?
Kit Higginson
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Kit Higginson
Quote:
On 2011-10-29 12:03, Keith Mitchell wrote:
It is interesting that a great performer does not know her cups but has the skills to create magic no matter what cups she uses. While everyone wants to know who made her cups, I want to know why she choose wooden cups over metal cups?

Most likely the crystal balls which she uses for her final loads would clink too much in metal cups.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
She said she like the organic aspect of wood vs. metal.
Dale Houck
View Profile
Veteran user
Dakota J Magic at Saint Cloud, FL
343 Posts

Profile of Dale Houck
The cups also look a lot like the limited edition set by Viking about a dozen years or so ago. Bill has a set on the museum.
Magic is where you find it.....
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
The limited edition Viking cups are very similar. However, they are painted black on the inside.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

dcjames
View Profile
Special user
577 Posts

Profile of dcjames
Quote:
On 2011-10-29 12:03, Keith Mitchell wrote:

Hi Keith -

As I understand it, both from watching her routine and from comments made in other threads, Suzanne is a student of Al Schneider. Al says that he prefers either copper cups with a heavy patina or wooden cups because there is no reflection from the sides of the cup. He said the he learned the hard way that this reflection can reveal secreted balls to observant spectators in the course of his routine. Or, just may be Suzanne's personal preference...

Either way, her routine is absolutely beautiful. Would love to see it in person.
“Magic is very easy to do - poorly.”

Tommy Wonder
The Books of Wonder
Volume 2
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
799 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
Yo Doug, I have aways been a big fan of Al Schneider and I have one of his DVD's which is fantastic. When I see Suzanne's routine I see a lot of Al Schneider in her moves, and she does it great!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
She told me that she went to a meeting of the local magic club (in Minnesota), and there was only one guy among all of the magicians there who seemed to understand magic. Not just magic, but MAGIC. That was Al Schneider.

Suzanne is a miracle on her own. I won't go into any details, but there is more to Suzanne than meets the eye.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Right Bill... She's a real "survivor." Had a great day with her last week and really got to know her.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I caught her act here in San Diego, at The Red Spade Theatre, before she hit the Castle. She is a fine representative of our craft.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Suzanne's Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL