The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Buskers Pouch? Who needs one anyway? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
So far, I believe that only the Frenchmen are sporting this rig.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
jazzy snazzy
View Profile
Inner circle
run off by a mob of Villagers wielding
2109 Posts

Profile of jazzy snazzy
Or a Swiss Army magician.
"The secret of life is to look good from a distance."
-Charles Schulz
Rotten
View Profile
Special user
829 Posts

Profile of Rotten
I remember reading about an old vaudeville act where the performer wore a graduation robe full of pockets that he had indexed and memorized. He would walk on stage and ask anyone in the audience to yell something out. If they said business card he would have them be more specific and would then pull out of his robe that exact companies business card. Hundreds of objects memorized and pulled out when stated. A specific beverage, umbrella, matchbook, etc. I have always been fascinated by that act. Would have loved to have seen it.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I've got a pen that writes any color...and I'll sell it to ya for 5 bucks!
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Quote:
On 2011-11-06 13:20, Rotten wrote:
I remember reading about an old vaudeville act where the performer wore a graduation robe full of pockets that he had indexed and memorized. He would walk on stage and ask anyone in the audience to yell something out. If they said business card he would have them be more specific and would then pull out of his robe that exact companies business card. Hundreds of objects memorized and pulled out when stated. A specific beverage, umbrella, matchbook, etc. I have always been fascinated by that act. Would have loved to have seen it.

I think you are likely referring to Arthur LLoyd. He could produce, from his pockets, any item that was printed on paper. An airline ticket to Paris, a ticket for a Broadway play, a Chicago bus pass, a membership card for a private club, etc, etc. He kept over 15,000 paper items in his pockets and could produce any one of them on demand. That must have been one hell of a pocket index.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
We have seen what the Frenchman came up with, here is the British interpretation,
http://boingboing.net/2011/09/20/rufus-r......its.html
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Ok, so I didn't believe a damm one of you and had to check for myself.

It really isn't a joke. Unbelievable!

I gotta make a french version of our busking pouch complete with suspenders and crotch straps.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I imagine some guys will load the thing up, to full capacity, and wonder why their steals never get smooth. Less is more.
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Wow, that's for when you'll be doing a Tour of Duty as a strolling magician.

In-coming!
Life of Magic!
garydunn
View Profile
Veteran user
Glasgow
303 Posts

Profile of garydunn
Are you serious guys?? It's totally a joke!!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I guess the JokE is on you Mr. Dunn,
CHECK IT
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
477 Posts

Profile of epoptika
"Invisible, even fully loaded." Close-up or stage.

These are not going to last long. I've ordered two of them.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I sewed 2 of these together and can now do 12 continuous hours of table hopping without the need for a reset. Can Angel or Blaine do that? I think not.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Quote:
On 2011-11-27 20:38, FunTimeAl wrote:
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I sewed 2 of these together and can now do 12 continuous hours of table hopping without the need for a reset. Can Angel or Blaine do that? I think not.

Chad,
You probably don't even need a bathroom break for that 12 hour set,
with that colostomy bag attached eh buddy?
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
I always pee in my left canteen.

...or is it my right?

Dabnabit
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Have you ever tried to pee out of the back of an armored vehicle bumping down the road at a good pace? There has got to be some fight or flight mechanism in the human body that prevents both standing and peeing at the same time during turbulent movement. Perhaps it had to do with cavemen only surviving if they didn't pee on the brontosaurus they were getting a ride on...dunno. Anyway, the only solution was to pee in a canteen while seated and then dump it out. So, one canteen was for peeing (and/or dip spit) and the other was for drinking water. Remembering which was which...especially if war belts got swapped by a platoon mate, was essential.
Now that I've got 2 of the above mentioned batman style utility belts sewned together, I can perform for hours upon hours without stopping. So I'm back to storing my urine upon my person until the joyride ends. Nothing wrong with that...just gotta make sure not to confuse it with a final load.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Unless your final trick is "The Pea Can."
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Hahahaha!!! Well played :o)

I created a routine using 4 pea can and used to use it while table hopping for a few years. Instant reset and fit in a small, glass front, metal case that a watch came in. Loved that routine. It was a bit of a mentalism/color change piece...prolly the one thing I could trully call my very own.

Not as creative as the multi-faceted bananna hammock that the gentleman in this video managed to accomplish. But I managed a few wows while hopping the tables...
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
This was a thread we had some fun with.
Gazzo also had a few thoughts on the first page.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Buskers Pouch? Who needs one anyway? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL