The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tales from the Road....XI (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
Area 51 walk thru @ Louisiana State Fair...Independent show($5.00)

http://api.ning.com/files/CDhrb77Kd*-qWy......1362.jpg
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It looks good! Who framed it?
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
The Curator of the Unusual
View Profile
Inner circle
Tampa FL
1399 Posts

Profile of The Curator of the Unusual
A food Guy didn't get his name when I talked to him, It does look good..But it doesn't win a Dime...
You come to a point in your life when you really don't care what people think about you, you just care what you think about yourself.
Evel Knievel

Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Hmmm. I like the concept a lot, though as an artistic composition, it's a little bland. It's a long rectangle with muted colors. The design elements do not take up the space.

Banners are brightly painted for a reason. Banner pix break out of their rectangles for a reason. They command attention.

I'd make the upper corner alien heads about 6x bigger, with the posters covering part of them. The posters should be bigger. The window/aliens could be backlit transparencies, so they'd glow. "They are Coming!" "They are Here!" "Enter, if you Dare". "Exit, Run, Get Away!" etc.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
jay kirwan
View Profile
Regular user
Ireland
107 Posts

Profile of jay kirwan
Very nice set up and an interesting take, but the subject matter is difficult to make a "flash splash" with.
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Oh... It's a haunt... It looks like a museum. I'd figure a bunch of Halloween props.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Not in Shreveport. Wrong town for that.
In October of 1974 the Aliens and the Air Force got together to put on a half hour air long show over Shreveport.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"uh...How do you play this game?"..."Are the Aliens Alive?"..."How long is this ride?"..."What's todays lunch special?"..."Can I see if my sister's in there?"..."I was abducted in'93' do I get a discount?"..."My dad was stationed there and never came home, can I see if he's in there?"...
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
This would be a good joint for you . Doug . It could really use a great grind tape. And some good lighting effects, maybe under the bally panels. Harley's right about the graphics. There was some interesting thoughts about Gray Aliens on "Making Monsters" last week. Not really a State Fair attractions, but it might win good money as a haunt in a smaller town.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
Doug said: "uh...How do you play this game?"..."Are the Aliens Alive?"..."How long is this ride?"..."What's todays lunch special?"..."Can I see if my sister's in there?"..."I was abducted in'93' do I get a discount?"..."My dad was stationed there and never came home, can I see if he's in there?"..

Ha! That's all I ever hear!
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Quote:
On 2011-11-05 23:44, Freak Prodigy wrote:
Oh... It's a haunt... It looks like a museum. I'd figure a bunch of Halloween props.

Your avatar....... uh, what is it you are wearing? Nightgown? Clown attire?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
It's a gown... So what? It's comfy.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Quote:
On 2011-11-06 22:01, abigkahuna/1 wrote:
Doug said: "uh...How do you play this game?"..."Are the Aliens Alive?"..."How long is this ride?"..."What's today's lunch special?"..."Can I see if my sister's in there?"..."I was abducted in'93' do I get a discount?"..."My dad was stationed there and never came home, can I see if he's in there?"..

Ha! That's all I ever hear!

Ha buddy, I wanta' show ya' somethin'.
With it.
With what ?
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
"With it."...'Yeah? So what, you broke too?'

"With it."...'yeah? How should I know, that broad you're with has all her teeth.'

"With it."...'Yeah? Cool, take over, I gotta pee.'
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Rick West
View Profile
Loyal user
Texas
243 Posts

Profile of Rick West
Quote:
On 2011-11-07 11:59, Doug Higley wrote:
"With it."...'Yeah? Cool, take over, I gotta pee.'

All Right, now you're talking!
"Never let the truth stand in the way of a good jackpot"

"You say things sometimes, you don't know what the hell you mean. But you're sincere when you say it." Bob Dylan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Tales from the Road....XI (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL