The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » I got an icue 2 question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ben Pratt
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Ben Pratt
I just finally managed to get my hands one of these beauties after several years. I have heard through the grape vine that only certain generation and models of iPod are comparable with this thing. Is that true? If so, can some one please let me know asap? I did search on the Café already for answers but ne'er really found exactly what I was looking for.

-Ben
Terry Magelssen
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Terry Magelssen
Sorry to disappoint you, but the iCue2 is a piece of c--p! I've used one for 4 years now and it finally crapped out on me. Here's the deal. NO tech support because the inventor has "vanished". The generation of iPod does seem to be an issue. The new Nano (square with touch screen) will not work. I have to use my old iPod 2nd generation for it to work. Bottom line, save up for an MP3 Tech from Kerry Pollack. I used his "Show Tech" for years and thought I was going to make life easier with the iCue 2 because I'm a fan of iTunes and iPods; but after this disaster, I'm getting ready to order my MP3 Tech very soon.
David Garrity
View Profile
Special user
525 Posts

Profile of David Garrity
Wow, nice reply!

Ben, most 1st and 2nd generation ipods will work with the iCue2. You might be even be able to go up to 3rd gen, but I know for sure the 1st and 2nd gen ones will work. Check eBay and you'll be able to find them there.

I prefer the Nanos as they are flash memory and seem to be less likely to fail due to being dropped or movement from touring.

Hope that is helpful and a little more positive than the original reply you received.

Sincerely,
David
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I have both an iCue2 and the iCue2 SoundBox PA (the later one, NOT the one made from a JVC jambox), it has the mIcue2 (mini-iCue2 inside) and absolutely LOVE them. I used a ShowTech with the minidisc, but that sucker would never stay on track. I've been told by a couple of iCue2 owners differing stories about usable iPod versions. I still have and use my 2nd generation, and some have even said they've used newer iTouch units. I've been told the only feature that wouldn't work was the auto pause.

I really wish the iCue2 were still available, as it's the best system of its type I've used, and I tested out several before settling on this one. The MP3 Tech wasn't available at that time.

Steve
Mystical Matthew
View Profile
Elite user
468 Posts

Profile of Mystical Matthew
Take a look at the iJet. It controls the iPod as well for a fraction of the cost...
Pasquale
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Pasquale
I too use an iJet - works great!
themagicone
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of themagicone
I've really enjoyed using my icue 2! The only issue I had was with the "click & feel remote." Occasionally, it changed the track when in my pocket. I figured out why... I Hate to admit all I had to do was loose some weight as my pants were too tight... haha! Never needed tech support or had any issues with my units. Yes I have two of them. I acquired an additional one from a buddy who retired from magic if anyone is in need of one.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1634 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
Themagicoen,

That's funny. I have the same problem with my VSM remote. If I bend down a certain way, my extra "poundage" hits the buttons on my remote and changes the songs. HAHA

We just saved some people a service fee!! Smile

JIM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » I got an icue 2 question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL