The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The new dancing canes are here... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
And they're beautiful.

They look like an antique walking stick... not like something you'd have for the prom when you're 18 that you lose before the end of the night.

They're about 2 oz.. that's about A THIRD the weight of the original Creekmore dancing cane...

Great for magicians, seances, bizarrists, story telling magic... and those that want a dancing/floating cane that doesn't look like a cheap magic prop.

http://www.wackomagic.com/wackomagic/Dancing_Cane.html

Each one is hand made... they take a long time.. every cane has two coats of polyurethane.. plus a special coat of something that gives it a true deep glossy layer.. and yet.. they're so light you can make them move with IT!

These will be available in only a VERY small run due to the incredible amount of work... and the limited amount of time between film projects of the craftsman that makes them... so get them while they're available
Head Case
View Profile
Inner circle
1138 Posts

Profile of Head Case
I plan on getting one of these very soon. Smile
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I saw makeupguy demonstrate it out in front of his house in bright sunlight and it was awesome.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
This cane looks dank.
What are the dimensions, length etc.
I'm 6'8" tall and finding a dancing cane that is the right length for me
is nearly impossible.
The 2 I looked at were to short for me and looked unnatural in my possession.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
?
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
David Z:

The cane is 34' inches long. What you're looking for will never exist in the non- custom world. I CAN make you a custom cane, to your length specifications for a remarkably small extra fee...as long as I'm still working on the new run, I can always make a longer cane. I don't think that the extra length will change the weight significantly... but there is a chance that you'd have to change to a slightly heavier TH$#$D.

It would have to come in a longer mailing tube... which was partly the reason for the actual length of the new canes.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
A NEW run is done... I have a 18 done and ready to ship!!

http://wackomagic.com/wackomagic/Dancing_Cane.html

This will be the last batch for a while... I have other things to work on !!!

Last WARNING! It may be a YEAR before they get made again...
Kyle Elder
View Profile
Regular user
Fresno, California
119 Posts

Profile of Kyle Elder
Those do look like an actual walking cane. Nothing about them says magic prop. They look good.
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Kyle... thank so much.. I had 24 new canes done on the 12th of March... I have 8 left.

I won't be making them for a while.. so if you want one.. now is the time.

I expect to sell the last of them if I get a table at the IMX convention in Las Vegas in May.... or before that.

But.. wait till you see what http://www.wack-o-magic.com has coming up next!!
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
Holy moses! I just has a customer write an unsolicited review of the cane.. not sure if he's a Café member, as he was a customer through the website... so I asked him if I could post here.. and he said yes...

Here's the review..

Dear Reader,

My name is Tim Rose, as a magical performer and manufacturer, I would like to take a moment and review the “Ultimate Dancing Cane” by Wack-O-Magic. I bought my first dancing cane when I was fifteen have been performing the dancing cane since the age of seventeen. During that time, I have purchased almost every dancing cane to come across the market. Michael Mosher of Wack-O-Magic has hit it out of the park with the “Ultimate Dancing Cane”.

The cane itself is simple, beautiful, and looks the part of an ornate walking stick that someone would actually own. The more common place a prop looks, the more magical the performance will be. You will notice that it is one piece and straight! Other canes are two pieces and this causes warping and keeps the cane from functioning correctly. Not the case with Michaels! Straight and true construction allows for flawless and easy operation of the moves associated with a dancing cane.

When one considers all of the materials available in today’s market for manufacturing props that were not available twenty plus years ago, I believe that the right choice was made for this product. Aluminum is light weight and durable, balsa is lighter yet and still durable. The materials used by Michael keeps everything “balanced” from top to bottom allowing the cane to remain light weight while “looking heavy”. This is honestly the LIGHTEST cane I have ever worked with. Now, this lighter weight forces the performer to make the “moves” slower which actually makes the entire routine more magical.

Last, but not least, the support. The cane comes to you complete in a hard cardboard tube that is capped at both ends. Foam pieces encompass the cane to keep it from banging around. I recommend hanging onto the tube and utilizing it for transporting your cane to your shows. Along with the cane comes EIGHT, count them, EIGHT pages of instruction! This is unheard of in our industry! There is so much to be said about this cane that three pages of mostly pictures would not be enough. Yes there are pictures but the words themselves prove to be a wealth of knowledge, instruction, tips, experience and foresight that other cane manufactures don’t take the time to offer. As for the special “stuff” to make it all work, an ample supply is provided. Everything that one could want is provided to you just short of Michael doing the routine himself in your show!

I highly recommend this product for anyone with or without experience with a dancing cane.

Buy it for your show or your collection and either way, you will not be disappointed. If you have already bought one, congratulations! If you have not gotten one yet, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » The new dancing canes are here... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL