The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Pocket management (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
@Merry...grrrr Instantly accessible, and $13!! Probably own it within 24 hours!!

Seriously, thank you very much Merry, that was kind of you to do the research.

Tony
Merry_Magician101
View Profile
New user
I only got
15 Posts

Profile of Merry_Magician101
Quote:
On 2012-02-01 15:59, fyi2 wrote:
@Merry...grrrr Instantly accessible, and $13!! Probably own it within 24 hours!!

Seriously, thank you very much Merry, that was kind of you to do the research.

Tony

no thanks
I wanted to buy it myself and I thougt wy won't I post it Smile
I'am from Belgium so my English i'snt that good
Iam sorry for that
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Sorry I didn't check back in and see the question about the book. It's by Jarle Lierpoll and I guess the print version may be hard to find. Check out the eBook though. I DO agree with Frank, Jay and others here. If you think you need one of those special holsters, you're carrying too much stuff. Learn to do more with less.
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
I am doing strolling magic from the US Capitol to the Washington Monument, seriously, for a walking tour explaining early US history to families and kids -- using magic. I have some 20 effects. I have tried a shopping cart, a suitcase, a small doctor's-bag type bag -- but I carry a Hypno Disc and Mongoose is Loose....big stuff..... so -- it seems impossible to have easy access right to my next trick. Pulling an airline suitcase with a handle knocks around all the tricks inside the case. I literally can't get a handle on a method to manage my act in front of the tourists.

Any thoughts?
fib
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2012-03-04 03:38, fib wrote:
I am doing strolling magic from the US Capitol to the Washington Monument, seriously, for a walking tour explaining early US history to families and kids -- using magic. I have some 20 effects. I have tried a shopping cart, a suitcase, a small doctor's-bag type bag -- but I carry a Hypno Disc and Mongoose is Loose....big stuff..... so -- it seems impossible to have easy access right to my next trick. Pulling an airline suitcase with a handle knocks around all the tricks inside the case. I literally can't get a handle on a method to manage my act in front of the tourists.

Any thoughts?
fib

You're kidding, right?

If not, dump all the props and just do your tour speech. How does a Hypno Disk fit into U.S. History?

Anyway, go to each spot on your tour stops, I am assuming you do stop to present you effects, and have a set-up table waiting for you. Each table is loaded with the props for that demonstration point. Of course you will have to make arrangements with each stop to have your table waiting for you.

Larger props usually need prior set-up, they are not meant to be pulled around and presented at on the spur of the moment.

You should consider re-designing your talks with props you can carry in a shoulder bag, silks, ropes, Linking Rings, etc.

I actually cannot even imagine what you are possibly doing that would be entertaining in any way. Very odd use of magic props. It brings to mind more of a homeless person pulling a cart. Hey, that is an idea, steal a shopping cart, or buy one from a shopping cart company and attach a board to the top of it. Plastic line the cart in colorful colors and then your magic and be put in sectioned padded compartments.

There you go!
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I have a cupola of camera vests with lots of pockets but they are worn outside of a shirt and not under a blazer. They are also very hot after awhile. I recently read somewhere, maybe the Pocket book mentioned above or an old Genii, that it is better to hang stuff from your vest rather than trying to load your jacket pockets and making your self look bulky. There is a natural space under your arms, from your chest to hips, to hang a servante like bag, either sewn or clipped on. A jacket is worn over the vest.
milesart
View Profile
Loyal user
Switzerland
215 Posts

Profile of milesart
I do have an Armani Blazer (matching pants) with 28 pockets for sale (never worn, it was tailer made and way too big for me)
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
This is an OLD thread! --But, for those who just "arrived", I'll contribute something.

The old pro's. above have already told you! "It don't take brains to be uncomfortable!" Perhaps, by now, YOU have already learned that!

Most of my props for strolling (etc.) are MULTI-USE PROPS. A TT, 18" 1/2 silk, rope, a ring, sponge balls (or bunnies) book of matches, deck of cards (mostly used for "fancy" shuffles and flourishes) coins, two polys for the vanishing square knot, etc. Nothing I do needs reset!

At a corporate Christmas party in New Orleans, recently, the cocktail party room was EXTREMELY DARK. (Atmosphere" lights on the walls, were IT! I was booked for an hour. They all had a cocktail in one hand, an hors d'oeuvre in the other. How would they "take a card."??? So I used up about FIVE books of matches! (vanishing lit match in TT!) I think I used the "Slydini" knots a few times. and the van. silk w/TT a few times.

The party went well, The CLIENT was most happy! --and, THAT is WHAT'S IMPORTANT!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Pocket management (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL