The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Swipeit: Direct and Organic Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I have been using this for a long time now...

I have a new handling that takes this to a whole new level!

The handling is just so fair... it hurts.

I am working on an instructional video that explains the new handling.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
I want to keep this idea just for a few. As soon as I arrive home I will raise the price of the original SwipeIt from 3.95 to 29.95, if you own the original manuscript you will get the new version free of charge as soon as I have it ready.

I am VERY excited about this new version... SwipeIt has taken steroids.
This is something you will use ALL the time.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Looks like I picked this up at exactly the right time. Smile
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2011-11-19 15:15, Sensio wrote:
"Organic", the hottest keyword in mentalism lately...

Some demo video would help a lot...

:)

It's not fed corn or steroids.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I have no idea what is meant by "organic." It does seem to be the word of the month lately. If it simply means using natural looking props that are (or seem) unprepared, or apparently no props at all, that defines most good mentalism.

Of course, the term is entirely appropriate when it comes to the Magic Ding Dong.
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1858 Posts

Profile of Prager
Mr. Cassidy I will really appreciate if you could send me a PM.
Jose Prager

www.e-mentalism.com
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
292 Posts

Profile of terrillific
I own Swipeit by Jose and like it. I’ve used it numerous times with Pics and contacts.
I just got an email from Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2770 about Oz Pearlman’s iCurveball. Is this the same handling as Swipeit? In the demo there is one portion of it that shows same way spectator handles phone as in swipeit. Just would like to know if there is a difference in these effects.
Dan Dent
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Dan Dent
Quote:
On 2012-08-04 13:50, terrillific wrote:
I own Swipeit by Jose and like it. I’ve used it numerous times with Pics and contacts.
I just got an email from Penguin http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/2770 about Oz Pearlman’s iCurveball. Is this the same handling as Swipeit? In the demo there is one portion of it that shows same way spectator handles phone as in swipeit. Just would like to know if there is a difference in these effects.

I found out about Fate, Swipe It and iCurveball today and have just purchased both Gerraint's & Jose's effect. Of the two, I personally prefer Swipe It. In the admittedly short time I've had to play around with two versions, Fate seems to require more 'fiddling' with the phone to achieve its effect, where as Swipe It is extremely straight forward (that is, if you have IOS 5, which most people do. I would ensure the borrowed phone came from a man not a woman, as they are more likely to keep their phone up to date).

After watching the demo of iCurveball I'm pretty sure I've clocked the method, which while similar in principle to Swipe It, isn't exactly the same. Again, this is just based on my theory of iCurveball's method. If I'm right, then there might be a noise or light issue that need addressing which Swipe It doesn't have. I actually thought Swipe It might use the same method as iCurveball, but was very pleased when it was even better than I'd hoped. .And the method is brilliant. Be prepared to leave your spectator's minds more twisted than Mrs Geller's nipples.

I will reserve Swipe It as my main method and iCurveball (well, my version) for occasions when the phone doesn't have IOS 5

Again, to clarify, I don't own iCurveball or know its exact method, but I don't think I far of the mark.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2012-04-09 22:22, mastermindreader wrote:
I have no idea what is meant by "organic." It does seem to be the word of the month lately. If it simply means using natural looking props that are (or seem) unprepared, or apparently no props at all, that defines most good mentalism.

Of course, the term is entirely appropriate when it comes to the Magic Ding Dong.

It means carbon based compound, Bob. I was surprised that so many of these kids in magic are into chemistry terms. I believe some of these magic companies pay them by the amount of times they use that word on a video. It's very encouraging that these companies are so interested in promoting the sciences.
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
Chris Meece
View Profile
Special user
Somerset Kentucky
859 Posts

Profile of Chris Meece
Quote:
On 2012-04-09 20:29, J.Prager wrote:
I want to keep this idea just for a few. As soon as I arrive home I will raise the price of the original SwipeIt from 3.95 to 29.95,

*Faints* Smile
All small town magicians know what 793.8 signifies.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Swipeit: Direct and Organic Mentalism (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL