The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TO ALL FANS OF CAAN / ACAAN (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Never a week goes by without yet another version of above

Some good ,Some bad , some garbage (we have just seen pages of hype for Shin Effect followed by Pages of People that have got burnt!)

My Question is why don’t you just get the Burglas Book and use his version,

as he was the guy that started it all of, then this must be the ultimate version?

Or am I missing something !
JeremyM0411
View Profile
Special user
Moody, Alabama
608 Posts

Profile of JeremyM0411
To my knowledge the berglas book is sold out now. And all the other books about the berglas ACAAN Are around $200 to $900 that I can find. So this material is good but very hard to get a hold of. And very expensive to get if you can find it.
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 07:48, JeremyM0411 wrote:
To my knowledge the berglas book is sold out now. And all the other books about the berglas ACAAN Are around $200 to $900 that I can find. So this material is good but very hard to get a hold of. And very expensive to get if you can find it.

OK well that explains part of why certain people can still cash in

but 6 x $35 for a crap one Trick DVD's and you have purchased the book
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Also, not all of us are concerned with doing ACAAN the way Berglas does it. There are many different approaches and different effects you can do involving counting down to a card. For example. "Think" and "The Grail" are not ACAANs. They are predicted card at any number effects. That's a lot different than having a spectator name any card and then name any number. Not better or worse, just different.

I have several entertaining methods for doing selected card at any number that I'm quite happy with and really have no desire to perform The Berglas Effect.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Xpilot
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
464 Posts

Profile of Xpilot
Cameron had a good answer. Personally I like Barrie Richardson's version (Theater of the Mind). But I have to add:

Quote:
On 2011-11-29 07:44, Martin.Lester wrote:

as he was the guy that started it all of, then this must be the ultimate version?

Why don't we all drive Ford Model A's? As Henry Ford was the guy that started it all, then the Model A must the ultimate version?
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2720 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 08:36, Xpilot wrote:
Cameron had a good answer. Personally I like Barrie Richardson's version (Theater of the Mind). But I have to add:

Quote:

Magic is just a little different. Some effects are already at their best. We might come up with a different method, but the effect on the audience is the same. Sometimes we get caught up with the "look how clever I am". However; different methodology makes it personal to you. I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but Del Ray use to fool me badly with something I was already doing, just because he used it differently.

Steve

Why don't we all drive Ford Model A's? As Henry Ford was the guy that started it all, then the Model A must the ultimate version?
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1015 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 10:18, Steven Conner wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-11-29 08:36, Xpilot wrote:

Quote:

Magic is just a little different. Some effects are already at their best. We might come up with a different method, but the effect on the audience is the same. Sometimes we get caught up with the "look how clever I am". However; different methodology makes it personal to you. I may have mentioned this elsewhere, but Del Ray use to fool me badly with something I was already doing, just because he used it differently.

Steve

I don't know if the Berglas Version is the Ultimate Version but as you say to the Audience one version is the same as the Next

also to the Audience is this any better than say invisible deck ?
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Berglas didn't start it off. There are methods in print as early as the late 1800s.

Someone once wrote that magicians don't want easy, or self-working, magic tricks. They want REAL magic. Ideally material that doesn't even require them to be involved. With that being said, there are some WONDERFUL methods out there (Asi Wind's handling comes to mind) that looks AMAZING... but they take work.

There's nothing wrong with the constant pursuit of innovation though, and I for one love being amazed by clever new thinking. Check out Woody Aragon's book for an approach you may not have ever seen before.

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » TO ALL FANS OF CAAN / ACAAN (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL