The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Candelabra for Fantasio Vanishing Candles (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Hey, all you Fantasio Vanishing Candle magicians! Have you wanted to do the Fantasio Vanishing Candle routine like originally sold? That is having 4 candles in a Candelabra, transform the 1st candle to a silk, Vanish the 2nd candle under the silk, and then perform a double candle vanish under a silk. There is a few different ways to routine the order of the candle vanishes.

Fantasio originally sold a plastic chrome 4 candle holder, kind of a short candelabra. It was very expensive originally for the time. Eventually, they sold out. I have been looking for a suitable candelabra for years and years. I finally found one at a fantastic price.

This candelabra does nothing but hold your candles and it has 5 holders, so it even allows for an extended routine of your choice. Fantasio has used it to do his color changing candle.

What make this so perfect, is the candle holders or cups, are the exact size for the Fantasio Candle. No need to use the spacer ring Fantasio includes with his candles.

The only drawback is it only comes in one color, gloss charcoal. I like it that color, but many will want chrome. The next thing is it comes with dangling fake crystals. They are easily removed as I did not like that look for a magic presentation. I also removed the wax tray under the cups, don't need them with Fantasio Candles anyway. Mine is now very streamlined.

Well, I think I made you wait long enough, here is the Amazon web address.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CJ4......v=glance

Don't forget to read the page, and get the code to receive a 10% discount on top of that great price of just $32.99.

If you know anything about Candelabras or lamps you know they are made to come apart very easily. Just unscrew the parts. I liked this so much I bought 2. I recommend this if you want to do a complete Fantasio Vanishing Candle act. Oh and it not heavy, I once purchased candelabra that had a weighted base, making transporting a little cumbersome.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Nice find, Bill! Very elegant looking!

I am fortunate enough to have found some nice candelabras over the years. Check antique stores, flea markets, yard sales, and thrift stores. You'll be surprised what can be found. Currently, I have a pair of matching brass ones, each for five candles. Nice Gothic look. One to use, one for a back-up.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Bill,

You are a scholar and a gentleman. This is a great find at a great price. A several years ago I found a Fantasio candelabra at a swap and sell with candles for $30 and bought it up immediately. I saw Fantasio at the IBM international and told him about my find. He was amazed and told me to hang on to the set because he could no longer get them.

Thank you Bill.

David
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
What I like about this Candelabra as well, it can be taken apart and assembled just like the old Fantasio plastic Candelabra. It even has the same style curls.

Buy the way I have the Fantasio twin Candelabra. It was expensive as well, but I want the longer routine possible with the 4 candle model.

Even if the listed metal 4 candle Candelabra is taken apart and all the rest thrown out, it is still cheaper then the original plastic model.

That is why I purchased 2, I can take apart one and still have the full tall model if I like. This Candelabra can be configured in a number of ways for magic presentation, that is why I like it so much.

Of course I did not know any of this until I purchased it and then go to look at it closely. Just thought of all the Candelabras I have seen this is the closest one that fits the Fantasio Candles perfectly. I once purchased a sterling silver Candelabra, having to polish it all the time was a pain, this model is a no maintenance prop.
Pasquale
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Pasquale
I still have my Fantasio triple candelabra (3 candles..). When I first saw/met Fantasio this is what he was using - probably about 1973-74....
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Never knew Fantasio offered a triple Candelabra. I do know when he sold products at magic conventions he had unique things not offered normally by dealers.
Pasquale
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Pasquale
The triple candelabra was basically the 2 candle candelabra with an extra candle holder in the middle. When I saw Fantasio live for the first time (1973-74ish..) this is what he was using so I had to have it...

Patsy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Candelabra for Fantasio Vanishing Candles (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL