The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Magic in a movie (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
Hey guys, We received some good news recently. As some of you know, I own a small production company and last year we shot our first feature low budget horror film. The film is a docudrama “found footage” ghost investigation movie about a group of actors who want to fake a ghost investigation in an old historical southern plantation home. The good news is we just sold the film and it will be released on DVD in the spring and has been getting some good buzz in the horror film community.

Anyway, my goal was to work in as many bizarre magic effects into the movie as possible to keep it looking real. I did this partly for my own amusement and partly because of the reactions that I got from the actor. Anyway, during the séance scene, we used Outlaw’s Spiritus Magnus, Tim Wisseman’s Dead Ringer and Robert Smith’s Blood Tears. We also used a specially rigged EMF Metter from Mr. Wisseman, a very creepy Tipper Monkey and you can even see a Higley Monkey paw in the background of a scene.

Magician Bryan Blankenship was hired as a magic consultant to help develop some of the on screen effects to include building a rig to make a girl float over a bed. It was a fun project and was the first time I was able to incorporate magic into my production work. Here is a link if anyone wants to check it out further see the trailer. http://www.reserveproductions.com/pages/......Man.html
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I enjoyed the brief clip Wayne! Nice work you folks are doing over there in South Cack A' Lacky!
I used to live in North Carolina for a few years..I sure do miss the nice people of the Carolina's!
Congratulations man! Thank you for sharin'.
dev/
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Magic in a movie (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL