The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Egg bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Quote:
On 2011-12-16 02:48, wmhegbli wrote:
Always store and keep the bag turned inside out. This will help while performing, and give that blousing of the bottom of the bag.
Also it is best to cut a piece of cardboard the exact size and insert it in the bag, when not in use. This will give the bag a pressed look.
I also keep my bags in a plastic bag to keep it clean.

I just shove my bag in my case and live with the wrinkles. Maybe the wrinkles help hide the "work" or maybe I'm just the laziest person on this thread. On the other hand, every silk I use is delicately rolled over a tube, each size has it's own tube then a sheath is slid over same and Velcroed shut.

Is Velcroed even a word?
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Lynetta just announced on Facebook, she has some extra bags for a quick sale.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I use the basic Malini/Thompson routine as taught to me by Denny Haney. When on stage, or parlor, I often close with a shot glass production. I use Hobson's bag for all the reasons Randi mentioned. She's entirely right; the reasons some people love it, are the same reasons others hate it. Works good for me and my audiences though.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2011-12-16 02:48, wmhegbli wrote:
Here is some tips many magicians overlook and is very important to the proper working of the Malini and Martin Lewis Egg Bags.

Always store and keep the bag turned inside out. This will help while performing, and give that blousing of the bottom of the bag.

Also it is best to cut a piece of cardboard the exact size and insert it in the bag, when not in use. This will give the bag a pressed look.

I also keep my bags in a plastic bag to keep it clean.

Denny Haney uses a cardboard insert in his bag. I store mine inside-out, in a file folder. I wedge the folder between props in the prop case. This helps keep my bag wrinkle free. When I setup for a performance, the bag is placed in a cup in my prop case, folded in half.
Marshall Thornside
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2016 Posts

Profile of Marshall Thornside
I like how my dad does his
you will remember my name

World's Youngest Illusionista
7th greatest pianist in the world
Go Red For Women and Stroke Ambassador
www.mai-ling.net
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
In my opinion, there is no BEST egg bag routine.....each performer has added their own bits of business to this classic of magic.

Johnny Thompson...a master?....YES...

Jeff Hobson....a master?.....YES...

Martin Lewis....a master?....YES...

But I must say that the SLEEPER egg bag routine I have ever seen.....(and I love Johnny, Jeff's and Martin's bits...i must say).....was by Tom Mullica at the Tom Foolery in Buckhead....hard to describe.....you just had to be there.....

FWIW....Tom's routine was published in Kaufman's book, Showtime at the Tom-Foolery.......and I highly recommend it.

Posted: Feb 17, 2012 9:25am
Also, as an afterthought to my post, above, Tom Mullica is just one of the many many phenomenal magicians booked to appear at Abbott's 75th Get-Together in Colon this coming August...if you've never met Tom.....trust me....its worth the trip.
Dr_J_Ayala
View Profile
Inner circle
In search of Vlad Dracul and his
2169 Posts

Profile of Dr_J_Ayala
I use a Malini egg bag and I also use the Hobson version - as was mentioned above, the Hobson bag is a revised and/or updated version of the Malini bag and is very effective. I also store mine with a cardboard insert and keep it in a file folder or a plastic bag.

I cannot say as I have a favorite performance or performer of the egg bag because I like all the ones mentioned above and in fact have used all of them (except the Whiskey Egg Bag and the Chicken Egg Bag) over the years. My egg bag performance always changed from show to show, just depending on which one I felt like doing. They are all big hits though.

If any of you have not seen the egg bag performed by Alan Munroe, look for it on YouTube - that was a great ending moment and is the reaction that Alan mentions above. Also, check out the book Eggs, Bags and Gags by Pete Biro - an excellent resource full of funny bits and routines for the egg bag.

To add to what Rainboguy said about the Abbott Get-Together: With or without Tom Mullica (A very talented, funny and favorite performer of mine!), if you have never been to a Get-Together, it is very much worth the drive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Egg bag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL