The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Partners in Crime by Chris Piercy reviewers needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi everyone,

After about 6 months without a release during which I've been busy creating and testing new material I've finally decided on my next release "Partners in Crime" some of you may have read a thread that was posted back in August about this effect under the name PHAAN (poker hand at any numbers) The effect is essentially the same but I've altered the presentation entirely hence the change in name, I've also spent a long time road testing this in many different working environments and to a wide variety of spectators - I have been getting consistent very strong reactions and due to this I've decided to release it to the magic community.

The effect is presented as a demonstration on how professional card cheats work, they work in pairs, the Mechanic has incredible dexterity with a deck of cards and the Counter has the phenomenal ability to track cards as the deck is shuffled. To demonstrate how this works the magician first hands out the deck of cards to be shuffled. The performer has a spectator select a card and keeps hold of it and is asked to think of the 4 other cards they would combine with their selection in order to create the best 5 card poker hand.

The performer explains that once the Counter has his first card he would instantly know the positions of the 4 cards that he would need and he'd then secretly signal to the Mechanic exactly where in the deck the cards he needs are.

The spectator selects any 4 numbers between 1-51, the performer deals down to these numbers placing the cards at these positions to one side. Once the four cards have been dealt the spectator names the 4 cards they are thinking of, and they are of course a perfect match.

There is no setup,it can be done FASDIU or with a borrowed deck if you so desired.

I strongly believe in honesty in magic advertising both when buying and selling effects so this is me being honest - this is not a beginners trick, it is something a beginner could buy and aspire to perform, I'd suggest that this effect is for magicians who consider themselves technically proficient with a deck of cards. I don't want anyone to buy the effect and be disappointed as it is beyond them.

I will be completing the ebook over the weekend and am looking for 3 or 4 people to review this for me - if you are interested then please send me a PM including your email address - I will choose reviewers based upon whether I think they will provide a good quality review.

If anyone has any questions regarding the effect then please ask away.

Chris Piercy
Vincero
View Profile
Veteran user
New Zealand
379 Posts

Profile of Vincero
This sounds fantastic and I wish you luck with it. If I wasn't so busy at the moment I would definately be trying to snap up a review copy of this. The guys you do end up selecting should count themselves lucky, I'm sure!

Cannot wait to read the reviews. Sounds like an interesting concept,

Zac
"Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell; And in the lowest deep a lower deep
Still threat'ning to devour me opens wide, To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heav'n" -John Milton, (Paradise Lost)
Rus ANDREWS
View Profile
Inner circle
1451 Posts

Profile of Rus ANDREWS
PHAAN / PARTNERS IN CRIME

By Chris Piercy

As a big fan of CAAN type effects and my real bad addiction to gambling this was something I really enjoyed reading and putting to the test over the past week.

The thinking behind this is very clever and bold to say the least, the entire effect plays out really well due to the presentation, and the whole gambling scenario with the card counter and the mechanic at the table make this a great story effect where everything falls into place for the revelation.

The method is clear and will need some practice before performing as there is a sleight required which most card workers should be fine with, especially the hardcore gamblers out there like me!

Overall this is a well thought out effect and anyone that enjoys performing poker routines will enjoy.

Great work Chris….

R

Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Review copies have been e-mailed out, if you didn't get one I apologise but I can't send it to everyone!
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi All,

After careful consideration I've decided against releasing this effect.

Regards,
Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Partners in Crime by Chris Piercy reviewers needed (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL