The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Best Magic Trick 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
UCCC, Sugar Rush and Haunted are three I still use.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
My vote is for SlowMotion and UltraGum.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On 2012-04-21 11:53, Dreadnought wrote:
I can't believe that people voted for Timeless. This is garbage. I won this as a door prize at our SAM meeting last night. And it is amazing the someone would pay $45 for this. The idea might be fine, but the execution is poorly executed and the props are, again the only word I can find is garbage.

Peace and Godspeed.

With all respect - you are quite wrong and some of the top mentalists in the woerld are now using a version of Timeless and it is getting killer reactions.

One of the beautiful things about the Café is the ability to research effects and learn more.

That is certainly the case with Timeless. Ther is a great link in Inner Thoughts as well as Latest and Greatest - which includes some alternate and far more powerful ways of presenting Timeless.

I'm guesing you were disappointed with the simplicity of the gimmick - gee so simple - gee, why would anyone pay $45 for ....?

Sometimes the simplest of props create the most powerful reactions. Timesless is one of these gems - behind the simplicity of method lies an effect that can be used as one of the most powerful mentalism effects in your repertoire. If you take the time to learn some of the tips here on the Café and enhance with your own creativity, you will have an effect which will blow your spectator's and friends to smithereens - I promise Smile

I agree that the original Timeless presentation was in need of some refinements, but the well respected Liam Montier and Joshua Jay certainly deserve massive kudos for thinking up this ingenius idea.

The main gimmick you received at your SAM meeting is not widely available in the United States and must have taken quite a bit of experimentation to find the write one. I have had at least 15-20 Café members ask me where they can buy spares.

The watch itself is only so-so, but again if you take a moment and read the Café tips you can see that for $25 there is a superior Timex model available - and some mentalists are using pocket watches, etc.

I can tell you that Oz Pearlman is now using Timeless and loves it - I hope I am not stepping on anyone's toes mentioning this. There are many others including Jan Forster in Germany.

But hey - one man's garabage is another man's gold... I suspect however that since you got this as a freebee at the meeting, you may have looked at the gimmick and figured that no one would ever be fooled by such a simnple gimmick.

I can tell you having performed this 100+ times... that not a single person has ever discovered the gimmick and it is a mind blower.

Cheers and god bless you back.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Timeless is one of those effects, unless you try it, it's easy to dismiss. If you have it, try it before selling it. Most likely you'll keep it.
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
My problem with Timeless is someone can look at the watch and see the method on the face of the watch (if you have it, you may know what I mean)
Dreadnought
View Profile
Special user
Athens, Georgia
836 Posts

Profile of Dreadnought
As I said, the idea might be fine. It's not mentalism, just mental magic. However, since I didn't have a show today, I was planning on spending the better part of the afternoon working with it. I watched the DVD. Not impressed. I pulled the knob out of the watch and... I literally pulled the knob out of the watch. So, the prop is useless. It comes down to the purchase of it for a door prize was a waste of money as it was just $45 for a dry erase pen and a cheap child's watch and a secret that maybe worth something with the purchase of a better watch. Other than that, as for now, it is on the shelf with it or pass it on to a friend. I definitely will not be using it anytime soon. Bottom line is, if I don't believe in the product and/or method, I won't use it. My belief in Timeless is zero.

Now, Andrew Mayne's Photosynthesis, also a piece of mental magic, I have and absolutely love and it plays really big. I use it in pre-show work and it gets major pop.

Peace and Godspeed.
Peace

"Ave Maria gratia plena Dominus tecum..."

Scott

Would you do anything for the person you love?
juliusmagic
View Profile
New user
Jacksonville
25 Posts

Profile of juliusmagic
Jimmy Pace's free will of order- so practical.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
To each their own. I love timeless. sometimes the thing that bugs us about an effect is it's so simple, we wonder why we didn't think of it. I have a fancy intricate watch that will set itself to a desired time, but unfortunately, it is too easy to pass the desired time and have to go all the way around again. for that reason, I actually prefer timeless.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Best Magic Trick 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL