The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst thing about being a young magician at Xmas! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
FrenchDrop
View Profile
Inner circle
I can name that tune in
1647 Posts

Profile of FrenchDrop
Quote:
On 2012-01-11 05:04, longhaired1 wrote:
The unmitigated snot-nosedness of the original post begged for nothing less than a verbal spanking from the assembled respondents.

Interesting, then, how many of the "assembled respondents" managed to respond without administering a "verbal spanking." I guess those who responded without name-calling were remiss in their duties.

Quote:
I think we can agree that the foot stomping, "I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue" dilemna [sic] outlined in the original post....

Seriously? Hyperbole, thy name is...uh, let's see...scroll up..."longhaired1." Smile
"A great magician has said of his profession that its practitioners '… must pound and rack their brains to make the least learning go in, but quarrelling always comes very naturally to them.'” -- Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell
XerxX
View Profile
New user
I hope I'll make more than
78 Posts

Profile of XerxX
Quote:
On 2011-12-26 03:26, Synatics wrote:
I hate commercial magic people that sell bad tricks to clueless punters Smile

I thought this was the point of the OP.
I don't read it as he's being un-greatful nor snot-nosened.

I think it's a pity that the shop didn't offer a gift-certificate when the customer didn't really know what to buy.

Best regards,
XerxX
2013-01-25: Returning after a loong absence...
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1390 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I was going through a series of horse shoe puzzles. I asked for the most difficult one. When my friend went to the puzzle shop, the sales guy sold her an intermediate puzzle, saying that I will never get this one. She brought it home and I did it in about 30 seconds. I did not say anything bad, I was happy, and it sits on my shelf in my collection.

But it goes to show you, some Sales people have no idea what you want. Or try to sell you things you do not need. This goes on in all businesses. When was the last time you bought a car? lol

The next year I made a wish list a penguinmagic.com , and emailed it to her, and I got exactly what I wanted!

ACE
Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I usually got clothes for Christmas, I got a bicycle cupola years after the war was over. I did get a magic set once, AC Gilbert or Mandrake, don't remember. I had to work for the magic stuff I bought, picking cotton, grocery clerk, picking up bottles.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Right or Wrong? » » Worst thing about being a young magician at Xmas! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL