The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Annemann and the rabbit. wringer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
A few years ago I ran across an article or something. I can't remember where I read it or exactly what it said. However I believe it said something about Annemann being the brains behind the Rabbit Wringer effect. Does anyone know anything about this or remember ever seeing the article I am talking about. I just cannot remember for the life of me where I read this , possibly an old Linking Ring but if so I cannot remember which issue.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
I did find this. If you scroll down to Annemann it mentioned he invented the "flat rabbit" in 1937. But this is not what I originally read. Any more info on him inventing this would be great. http://www.magicvideolibrary.com/magicbios.htm
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have the plans and the rights to make Reeder Hutchinson's "Rabbit Reducer". It was a version of the rabbit wringer. He gave the rights to Horace Marshall. I don't remember the exact differences and would have to dig out the old letters to look at them again.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Thanks Richard. I am actually looking for info in regards to Annemann and his association with the rabbit wronger.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
David Charvet
View Profile
Special user
www.charvetmagic.com
501 Posts

Profile of David Charvet
I believe the Rabbit Wringer was introduced by Abbotts around 1945 (I'll have to check when the first ad appeared in The Sphinx.) I do know it was after Annemann died. Of course, the prop is based around Jack Gwynne's Flip Over Vanish box.
magicgettogether
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
556 Posts

Profile of magicgettogether
I did a search through Tops and found it first appeared in Tops Oct 1942. The ad is not much different (except the price) than the ad today. Not much info on the originator in the ad.

Click here to view attached image.
80 years in the making - Magic Get Together
Visit Abbotts Magic Online - Abbott Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Everything old is new again » » Annemann and the rabbit. wringer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL