The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Black and white (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
the question here is this: does anyone have this book "black and white" by Bruce Cervon? I think this is the title of it. I have seen it in my used book store weeks ago and now it bothers me that I didn't get it for some reason. The book comes with a set of black and white cards (I think 8 of them)
Should I go back to the store and try to get it?
So far my search on this and other forums didn't bring any results.
I guess my question is: is this book good or not so good.
sashain
View Profile
New user
Steve Shain
80 Posts

Profile of sashain
To: usa

Question of what book to buy or effect to do is always a one of personal tastes. The book has more in it than you would think from the title and description. At first glance it appears that you are buying a sizable book with one little packet trick. Actually it is much more. There are about 8 chapters with about three different tricks or effects in each. So you get a fair number of different effects to try out.

It is not the basic, and essential book that Royal Road to Card Magic is, but still could be a fun addition to your library.

Hope that helps,
Steve
Steve Shain
Houston, Texas
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
"still could be a fun addition to your library."
I guess that's what I need to know, yes your reply is helpfull especially that I wasn't sure what exactly I was asking lol. Thanks for your post.
ARe principles in this book usefull for other (normal) playing cards?
Well thanks, I guess I'll go back to the bookstore and take a second good look at it if they still have it.
jasonchr
View Profile
Regular user
North Carolina
173 Posts

Profile of jasonchr
There are some principles in the books that would be useful for normal playing cards, but most of the ideas are tailored to the unique properties of the black and white cards. I do have this effect and would recommend it. There are some very unique visuals included that you don't see with normal Oil & Water type effects.

Take care,
Jason
The aspirant should acquire the resolve to explore and expand his talents to the best of his ability. With a thorough commitment to quality comes a sense of accomplishment and unique satisfaction.

John Carney
erictan8888
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
517 Posts

Profile of erictan8888
hi, can anyone tell me what the effect is like ? where can i get it?

thanks
eric Smile
"Fill you life with magic by making magic a part of your life." by eric tan.
usa
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of usa
Thanks Jason.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Black and white (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL