The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » History of Magic for Children » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Hi David,

Your lecture on the history of performing magic for children (with live demos!) at the 2008 IBM/SAM combovention in Louisville was fascinating, and a major highlight of that event for me -- and I don't even do kid shows. Your research, analysis and presentation were a very valuable contribution to our fuller history of magic.

Was that performance recorded on visual media, and/or have you published its content in written form? Maybe in your forthcoming book?
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1220 Posts

Profile of magicbern
He published it in small booklet form. I was lucky to be given a copy by David when we had dinner during one of his visits to HK several years back. I think it's still for sale at his website - fascinating read!
David Kaye
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
131 Posts

Profile of David Kaye
Bern is right, and thanks for remembering it so fondly. It was a highlight of my lecturing career. The only kid show lecture at the 2,000 attendee convention. I wrote the lecture up in a booklet which I sell for $10.

don't know if the info will become anything more. My assignment by the convention was to present a one-time only, never been done before, never to be done again lecture. It may be one of those things. And you were there...
David Kaye / Silly Billy
www.sillymagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2012 entrée: David Kaye » » History of Magic for Children » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL