The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Me doing a Woody Aragon Trick at MagicLive! 2011 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
Quote:
On 2012-01-22 05:52, Doctor REvil wrote:
Fab performance, inspired to buy the book, thanks for sharing eric

Agreed!
ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
Eric, this performance is what inspired me to get Woody's book, and in addition to this trick, everything else in the book is phenomenal. Could you talk about the change you made in the structure of the trick compared to how it's written up? Woody has the spectators decide how many pieces (between 1 and 3) they want to either put in the middle, or throw away. This means that each spectator, at the end, has potentially a different number of pieces in their hands. But to make it work, there is an additional fairly convoluted procedure they have to follow. You have eliminated this phase. Have you tried it as written, and what have your impressions been?

Thanks!
Luigi
Woody Aragon
View Profile
New user
Spain
40 Posts

Profile of Woody Aragon
Ilmungo, I think I can explain that: I've a meeting with Eric almost one year before the release of the book and I did some of my tricks for him. He was very kind and accepted my offer to be one of the proof readers, so, He read the book since the first draft. In the first version of this trick, I had not yet add the "throwing pieces away" phase. I guess Eric starts doing the trick like this and, if that works for him, it's enough. You can see in the video how powerful the trick is even without this phase.

Thank you Eric for supporting my work, and thank you everybody for sharing your comments!

Woody
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Quote:
On 2012-01-22 22:17, Woody Aragon wrote:
Ilmungo, I think I can explain that: I've a meeting with Eric almost one year before the release of the book and I did some of my tricks for him. He was very kind and accepted my offer to be one of the proof readers, so, He read the book since the first draft. In the first version of this trick, I had not yet add the "throwing pieces away" phase. I guess Eric starts doing the trick like this and, if that works for him, it's enough. You can see in the video how powerful the trick is even without this phase.

Thank you Eric for supporting my work, and thank you everybody for sharing your comments!

Woody

yeah....what he said!!!! lol Smile
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
ilmungo
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of ilmungo
Wow, thank you Woody for replying in person! And for sharing your work with us via your book, so many great effects there, and innovative thinking...

I like Eric Jones's more direct presentation because, being an amateur, my presentations need to be less theatrical in nature, and so your love theme would feel a bit "cheesy" in my hands. I would like to try it as written, but have not come up with a decent justification yet for the counting procedure. I'll keep thinking! Smile

By the way, if you happen to check this thread again, when you faro do the cards interweave starting from the bottom? It seems like for some tricks to work (specifically the Human Scale one) the faro must start from the bottom. I'm trying to figure out ways of making it work even though my faro starts from the top, but if you have a worked-out solution, I'd be happy to know it. Smile

Cheers,
Luigi
gary31525
View Profile
Regular user
Building a fence with
158 Posts

Profile of gary31525
Very nice Smile
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
Quote:
On 2012-01-23 00:14, Eric Jones wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-01-22 22:17, Woody Aragon wrote:

Woody

yeah....what he said!!!! lol Smile
LOL. Check your email Senor Jones

jc
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Wow....over 1000 views.....who has the book already?
<BR>
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
I picked it up last week and am going to be Magic Fridaying this effect this week! Seeing your performance just confirms my thoughts (great minds think alike, lol). You rock Eric!
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
How did autocorrect change who into how? that's frustrating.....lol
<BR>
freewayh
View Profile
Regular user
Mexico
112 Posts

Profile of freewayh
It looks so nice, gota love tricks which can be done surrounded.
Carl Andrews
View Profile
Special user
Maui, Hawaii
749 Posts

Profile of Carl Andrews
Amazing effect and whenever you hit it perfect with everyone, that is the time to walk away Smile
ambassador365
View Profile
Loyal user
201 Posts

Profile of ambassador365
I was laughing out loud when his revelation of my thought of card actually worked!! I haven't felt that amazed in quite awhile and I absolutely loved it!

Rudy
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
The book is incredible! Separagon is a VERY easy, but seemingly fair way to separate any cards you wish. The human scale routine is great and so is his thinking on Shuffle Board. I'm about half way through the book. I'm loving it so far.
Card Mechanic
View Profile
Regular user
Should I have made
130 Posts

Profile of Card Mechanic
Just bought the book.

What is the name of this effect?
Card Mechanic
View Profile
Regular user
Should I have made
130 Posts

Profile of Card Mechanic
Talk about timing... the book just arrived and it is the first trick in the book LOL!.. well, technically the second!
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Quote:
On 2012-01-25 23:49, Carl Andrews wrote:
Amazing effect and whenever you hit it perfect with everyone, that is the time to walk away Smile

I tried this today with the eight people who were closest to the action during the rest of the show. At the end of the trick, each guy saw that he had matching halves, and each one reacted with a sharp intake of breath. Then, at the same time, each person looked around the group and discovered that EVERY OTHER PERSON HAD TWO HALVES OF THE SAME CARD!

Pandemonium ensued! This trick is both playful and joyful, yet (in the end) very mysterious. It fools the living daylights out of them, and it all happens in their hands. What more can you ask for from a mere card trick?
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
dave johnson
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
50 Posts

Profile of dave johnson
I remember Eric showing a bunch of magicians this trick and it sold me on buying the book. Can’t wait until the next one by Aragon comes out!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Me doing a Woody Aragon Trick at MagicLive! 2011 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL