The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Rare, Hard to find and Classic (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
There's a ton of great stuff in those books. Very overlooked books I think.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
cbusch55
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of cbusch55
The Magic of Robert Harbin certainly falls into the category of great and hard to find. Never re-printed legally and still highly desirably.
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
55 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
I have just managed to buy the encyclopaedia of self working card tricks by doctor wilhelm Von deusen and glen gravatt and volume 2. In volume 2 it said it only expected to sell 50 copies. However it's currently on it 6th edition. No idea on how many prints where in each edition but one could guess 50 copies. They say they did extra editions because fraudulent forged copies where being printed that where incomplete. The second encyolpdia has an index of the first book. Which is convenient.

So I can only Surmise that the information given to my friend was incorrect.
rgemagic
View Profile
New user
uk
55 Posts

Profile of rgemagic
First of all this link is interesting http://cardopolis.blogspot.co.uk/2002_08_01_archive.html

Secondly I have compared my version of book with a friends and their is a lot of different tricks some added and some removed so each edition must have been altered. I have no way of working out which mine is but believe my first is a first edition. Referring to only 11 copies
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » Rare, Hard to find and Classic (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL