The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Collateral by Diamond Jim Tyler (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MickNZ
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
576 Posts

Profile of MickNZ
Jim demo'ed this routine on a video Podcast at the Magic Bistro a couple of weeks ago, it's worth watching.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1253 Posts

Profile of rmendez
One of the best DVDs I've picked up. I absolutely love Jim's thinking in magic. Comes highly recommended.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3065 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I have all the ring and string routines. This routine even without the ending has been very strong for me
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Glad to see the positive reviews. I bet they are knocked out by the ending. It's out of stock at Penguin, so I'll have to wait.
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
DJ has an attribute in his stuff that I don't find in many of the DVDs offered recently. He works them and it really shows. The routine is rock solid and it avoids the iffy, flash and dash of things designed solely to impress magicians. All the kinks are gone. It's just smooth from start to finish. But it isn't a DVD to buy just to learn the secret. If you don't plan on performing this, give it a pass.

Two minor, sorta criticisms. His lines don't fit me (not really a surprise) and he seems a bit rushed in his performances.

But I'm a fan, so I'm biased a bit.
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
Writeall,

First thanks for the kind words and also for the constructive criticism. We can all be better.

Often times I do perform fast. I try to hit the spectators hard with the magic, and while they are scratching their heads I am already moving on to the next thing. I want their brains to be goo when I'm done. But even still I agree with you.. perhaps sometimes I am too fast.

That day during the video shoot I was juggling a lot. I had 8 groups of people to entertain, 40 different personalities, not counting the camera crew, some people needed to leave, some were ancy, the film crew needed certain things, etc. These are not excuses, but perhaps an explanation of why may I have felt more rushed than normal.

Regardless, I was very happy with the finished product. I thought it showcased the routine well. I'm happy that so many have taken the routine and added it to their repertoire. Many have said that my "finesse move" during my ring and string routine was alone worth the price of the DVD or my lecture. After dinner with my family last night I did the routine for the owner of the restaurant and it landed me a gig. That's all the proof that I need that it is a worker.
Diamond Jim
View Profile
V.I.P.
Diamond Jim Tyler
231 Posts

Profile of Diamond Jim
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On Jan 24, 2012, Diamond Jim wrote:
Eric,

Ha ha! That did make me laugh. Actually the shiny silver jacket is back in style now. It was a recent purchase when traveling abroad. As far as opinions go, they are like orgasms, because I don't care if you have one.

I guess it depends on who he has it with?
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
This material works well as one finds their own pace
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Greg Wilson VS Jay Scott Berry and this?
Comments?
Thanks
VG
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Vs Livera s nut
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Collateral by Diamond Jim Tyler (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL