The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet magic question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Hey guys and gals! I'm looking to pick up Dave Womacks material on parakeets... But how much of the DVD material overlaps? There's the parakeet DVD, bird magic 1 and 2, and the taming DVD. Where do I start?

Thanks so much for your help !

Mike
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
I used the dvd titled TAMING TRAINING & TRICKS, PARAKEETS & OTHER SMALL BIRDS PART 2.

I believed it has been updated and repackaged, but is still available. It is the one that he videoed in his room aboard a cruise ship. We were VERY happy with the results with our bird. It was unbelievable how quickly our bird learned and performed the tricks.

Here's a link to some pictures of her training.

http://s1119.photobucket.com/albums/k638......1131.jpg
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Wow, that is so cool! That is such a beautiful parakeet! Is she a special kind of parakeet? Her coloration is very even. I usually see them with white on their head.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
RJE2
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of RJE2
She's a Lineolated Parakeet. We picked her up from a breeder. Great little bird.
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1378 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I was wondering if she was a pocket parrot or parrotlet! She sort of looks like one. She is adorable, extremely smart and well-trained!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
papillon
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of papillon
I own most of their dvd's. I am happy with all of them. The ones that I like best are bird magic 1 and bird magic 2, where real effects and ideas are shown. Eachof these have 3 chapters, doves,parakeets and parrots. (I do not have any classics I mean Shimada, Dimare. I cannot compare to these) , but everyting I saw in the dvd was useful to me.

I would however suggest you also buy parakeet magic 1, and 2 (training) The quality of the recording is not really good, I do not understand why they keep their hyper music on all the time during the explanations. Makes it more difficult to watch. But here you learn how to make magic to a game for your parakeet, so he is willing to perform with you. (patience!). There is some overlap with the training, but I would not have found out myself how to get a parrot to dive in a hanky. It also explains you how to use a one hand harness, or how to make one yourself. The tricks are not always "hi end", I mean like: I think that it is not always really difficult to figure out where the parakeets is hiding after avanish, but laymen will just love the parakeets, and how they perform.
Something to think about: Parakeet magic is about let's say 10% magic tricks, and 90% making your bird trust you and feel comfortable, and still you cannot have one without the oter. My idea: take all of it.
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Thanks for your review Papillon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Parakeet magic question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL