The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » SJ info - general newbie stuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sparrowhwk
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Sparrowhwk
Hello all
I am a newbie to the EA field, and just beginning to learn and develop my skills.
As there have been recurring questions about SJ's I thought I could post some info from a newbie perspective.

NOTE: This information is very generalized in nature, and does not address specific methods. As a newbie, I DO NOT profess to know much, and this is NOT expert advice. I am simply wanting to give a little back, as I have been fortunate to receive some good advice from those on this forum who have been generous enough to indulge my questions.

The following has been my experience with the SJ - your mileage may vary!!!

- I purchased an un-gaffed Humane Restraint SJ from Jay Leslie (avail on this forum), as well as the SJ DVD he produced.
- This combination was sufficient to get me a good start. The SJ is good quality, and the instruction on the DVD is excellent.
- I have no regrets that I didn't go with a gaffed SJ, it's not necessary for what I am doing ( I think there are very few cases where a gaffed jacket would be necessary)
- Just like everyone else who performs this, I was surprised when I discovered what the hardest part of the whole performance is... (lousy grammar - sorry)
- There is no short cut to a GOOD SJ performance, you will have to work on it (see line above)
- I may well purchase another SJ in the future, but it will mainly be for variety and my own interest. With what I got from Jay, there is no reason (other than my own limitations if I don't put in the work), that I couldn't go out and put on a good show with the SJ.
- Take the time to read all the SJ posts on this forum, and learn what you can, but to get going, Jay's SJ & DVD is a great starting point.
- The "Get Real" ebooklet from Roslyn Walker is a great investment to help with the hard part of any escape!

General newbie thoughts:
- No one owes you anything, all the good EA's have worked hard to learn and develop their craft.
- As newbies, we must always acknowledge with gratitude the help we receive from the experienced EA's - they have no obligation to give anything.
- This is a fascinating field, the more I learn, the more I want to know.
- The more we learn, the more responsibility we have to maintain high standards in the craft.

Thank you to all who share knowledge and expertise with us newbies.
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9498 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
You are welcome & Vaughn, the guy who's hanging by one foot and spinning around at the end of the DVD (because he can't get out) also thanks you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » SJ info - general newbie stuff (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL