The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Electronic Flash Gun (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Teacher Brad
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Teacher Brad
I recently bought an electronic flash gun with the expectation of being able to shoot small flashes, but I do not seem to be having much success. The cotton ignites with no problem, but the paper does not, it just pops out and does not idnite. I have been over the instructions several times and tried to make some adjustments to the setup, but was wondering if anyone might have some advice.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2487 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
What kind of paper are you using!? its flash paper then it should ignite right away.

2 suggestions
one try only using flash paper make sure you put it in so that you know that the paper is on the coil then DON'T over pack it but use a wand and push it down so that it is slightly packed. this should allow you to ignite and have it shoot out.

two. take the flash cotton and try to wrap a small part of the flash paper with it so that when the cotton ignites it will be touching the flash paper

to me it sounds more like you are not packing it in properly. I also prefer to only use flash paper and no cotton

hope that helps

sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
Try using less flash cotton as well. Too much and you blow the paper out of the tube before it ignites
Magic Tad
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of Magic Tad
I even stretch out the cotton and rap the flash paper around the end of the cotton then stuff the long thin mix in the barrel cotton side first. This works best for me. Maybe this is obvious but the flash paper is not moist? Sometimes they ship Flash Paper wet and you have to let it air out first. Good luck
Teacher Brad
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of Teacher Brad
I am not sure of any particular brand that I am using. It is definitely dry paper and the cotton is dry as well. Based on the comments so far that I just need to try some different configurations in order to get everything to work right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Electronic Flash Gun (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL