The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Bird Watcher and Magic Painting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
I was looking at online magic sites to spent some money and saw Bird Watcher for $60 and Magic Painting for $75 both NIP. Are those prices crazy? They seem high to me.

Thanks
AA
Inert
View Profile
Special user
Babbled incessantly for
683 Posts

Profile of Inert
Both are dandy close-ups imo. You just missed out on Magic Painting as it is newly retired. Maybe ask Hitomi to keep you in mind for this one. Definitely worth the wait & effort. There has been a recent surge in demand for Bird Watcher as word of mouth has elevated its popularity. $60 seems a tad high to me, but not ridiculous. Continued searching should yield a decent find as it is not really rare as of yet. Good luck in the quest.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
All I can say is get them both before they become very hard to find. They are wonderfull tricks - Magic Painting does require some practice.
I've got a spare of both of them and can advise everyone to grab a spare too for a decent price (30 - 40 USD or so) if you find one. They will become highly collectible in a few years.
75 USD is a bit too much for now. Like Inert said Magic Painting (the Japanese version) was still available a few months ago from Hitomi.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Is there a Japanese and English version of Magic Painting?

Is there a Japanese and English version of Bird Watcher?

Thanks
AA
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I meant Japanese- and English packaging/instructions. The tricks are the same of course.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I remember Magic Painting being one of the more costly items even when it was in print (due to the "Exclusive Series"?).
Still worth though...!

By the way, my collection comprises only the older English versions - has the cardstock changed since then? Correct me, but haven't they also changed the cards in the newer Derby Prediction?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I think I only have the 'newer' versions of Magic Painting. I haven't performed the effect a lot but I think some 'fanning' powder (or whetever the name is to help smooth the cards) is more then welcome if you perform this effect a lot. They are not 'aircushing finished' or something ... .

I have both the old and newer Grand Derby. The old ones were on thick blue colored cards, the newer on thinner green cards - both handle great. I did notice some discoloring on the old ones by the way, the new ones are still OK, but then again, they are newer of course Smile

I think both were indeed in some sort of 'exclusive' series (not sure about Magic Painting), special tricks for professional magicians. The leather wild wallet was also part of this series - sold for about 90 USD if I recall correctly.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I have never seen a leather wild wallet. I know Azzam is looking for one, and now I want one too, (after Azzam of course) Smile.
John Mazza
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of John Mazza
Yeah Cool you tell em. WE WANT LEATHER WILD WALLETS.

;-)

AA
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Lol. I have looked and looked for you and me and can't find em Smile
superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Hitomi had a leather wallet at one point, but that was months ago. I wanted one too, but since I'm a wallet snob didn't bite Smile

Magic Painting is great, but not at that price! And I love Bird Watcher -- but do NOT perform it for anyone adept at math Smile I wish more Tenyo tricks came with such awesome cases (despite not knowing that the heck to do with that ribbon!)
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
dragonash
View Profile
Veteran user
the sticks
380 Posts

Profile of dragonash
I use a piece of cardboard with a strip of black electrical tape on it. I trimmed it to the edges of the tape. I also folded it in the middle so it would fit into my magic box.

This is a lot easier to handle than the ribbon.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Bird Watcher and Magic Painting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL