The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Anate - Dee Christopher, short review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
I posted this in pdf's and ebooks forum as well......)

this is my first review.

It's going to be short.....

ANATE - DEE CHRISTOPHER.

I got the Ultimate edition a couple of weeks ago, fully aware of the wide range of opinions on this.

I love very direct effects, and try to always imagine myself in the position of the spectator/audience.

Personally, I have little interest in things like CAAN, because no matter how brilliant the effect and impossibility, my 'spectator viewpoint' generally tells me... so what?

now, if it's a really direct and uncomplicated effect (like Get Sharkey, ID, KK type effects etc) then I think that does truly connect and astound the average spectator.

on to Anate.....

Here's the description for those that aren't familiar:

"It's a subtlety that is not 100% surefire, but when you get the technique down and you hit, You'll know it. *Please note, this linguistic technique will only work in English.

This EXPANDED VERSION will give you outs and other applications so no one will ever know if you weren't perfect right at the start...and you will never be seen to miss at all in the eyes of your audience. If you have Kenton's Kolossal Killer, you won't need to fuss anyway!

You can read the basics of this in Killer Konceptions 2010 where Dee first tipped it under the heading "Simplex Killer." Since then Dee has tightened up the method, honed it down, and added new techniques, approaches and effects to make for this very popular ANATE EXPANDED release.

Here are the basics:

Imagine placing one card on the table, face down. The spectator decides on a playing card. They turn over the card on the table to reveal a perfect match of what was named. No preshow or physical forcing. The place explodes.

Imagine holding your wallet in full view and asking a spectator to name a card. The card is then instantly pulled from your wallet, without other cards in your wallet.

Imagine something that you can carry with you always, to create impossible, unbelievable prop-free demonstrations as limitless as your imagination.

This is ANATE.

There is no indexing, no gimmicks, no stacks, no nothing. All you need is a single playing card, or a maximum of four cards in your wallet, or you may simply write a prediction"

So, my review.

I have done this 8 times so far, and got a direct hit on 5 of those occasions (beginner's luck no doubt!)

Here's what I do -

take one card out of my pocket
place on table (without drawing attention to it in case I need to ditch it later)
follow the script as per the manuscript, then very fast say "suit?" with a snap of the fingers.
turn over the card.

So on 5 of my 8 goes, I performed, essentially a miracle.

The other 3 times I used one of my 'outs'

I have a card to the sole of each shoe, then if necessary, I say "ah well, never mind.. in fact I thought I'd probably put my foot in it!" (I then lift my foot and let the spec peel it off)

this I did with my first miss.

I've also stuck one to the underside of the spectator's chair in advance (haven't had the opportunity to use that yet though)

I have KK and my heirloom wallet ready to go should the tabled card be a miss, plus I have a card loaded in my UCCU to reveal in their wallet if necessary.

In fact, I did that one on the second of my 'misses' - I just said "can you pass me your wallet for a sec... don't worry, I'm not going to walk off with it, just I think you've got something of mine....." (I would have probably said purse if it was a female spec)

the third time was a total miss, so I just pulled out my ID.

you could also have the reveal come up as a bruise or blister on your arm etc (haven't done this... came to me just now)

all in all I think this is brilliant.

Dee has come up with a very very cool and simple idea here.

I really like this way of thinking.

I'm comfortable with performance, so I don't think any 'guts' are required at all really.

shall I give stars...?

4 out 5 then (would be 5, except that would require a guaranteed hit every time!)

over to you Dee on that one....

Paul
espmagic
View Profile
Special user
979 Posts

Profile of espmagic
So, already owning Anate, I wanted to ask you: are you missing on the suit, or the value?

Lee
magic maniac
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
When you hit with this, it's sooo strong. To a spec, there is no other out, no possible chance of sleight of hand taking place.

I typically use equivoque to force the suit and then use Dee's technique for the value.

I don't own the Ultimate Edition, but would be very intertested in any improvements to cover a miss.
Brain
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of Brain
I have tried MANY psych forces along the years and I have only had 2 work consistently.Anate and a the one from Dave Forrest's Radio Rental.I absolutely love Anate almost nothing to memorize and so so sneaky
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Anate - Dee Christopher, short review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL