The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » BBC's "The Magicians" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mikescottthomson
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of mikescottthomson
Hello all. I write a varied blog which has (and will) contain a lot about magic.

For UK residents (or those familiar with BBC and ITV), does anyone have a strong opinion about the BBC's "The Magicians"? I've written a posting about it:

http://mikescottthomson.blogspot.com/201......-vs.html

I've tried to be positive about it where possible (and I do like Latimer, Barry & Stuart and Pete Firman) but I'm not sure the format is quite right. At least, not for me!

I'd be curious to know what the magic world in general thinks?
jofish999
View Profile
New user
Britain
9 Posts

Profile of jofish999
Hey, I love this show and the variety of tricks
The bad thing is that I went to see the show live (Shepperton studios) but they didn't let me in (overbooked):(
jugglestruck
View Profile
Inner circle
Wales
1038 Posts

Profile of jugglestruck
One of the audience helpers in the show let on he was a magician and was immediately dropped from his role......I guess they thought he would know too much.
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Barry & Stuart are using camera tricks and stooges for their video recorded clips. They picked a lady from their street magic audience. they asked her the name of her best friend. It was night time, so B&S magically made the name of her best friend appear , spelled out in lights of the skyline . Then, they made her best friend magically appear. reminds me of the time Criss Angel jumped into a shallow rain puddle on TV. I was very disappointed.
bigcheese
View Profile
New user
Sacramento, CA
56 Posts

Profile of bigcheese
I enjoyed reading your blog Mike. Nicely written and well balanced, plus of course a fascinating subject! It is a pity that the obsession with celebrity appearances hasn't waned yet. Real people are generally much more interesting to me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » BBC's "The Magicians" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL