The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Food for through ..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
Don't know where the following fits but as the best workers here read this sections maybe you can give it consideration and help the concept propagate .....

Creative Capital (which I think is a wonderful and much needed organization) provides grants to worthwhile artists to produce work.

Here is the list of performing art from their website
Performing Arts may include dance, dance-theater, experimental music performance,
interdisciplinary, multimedia performance, music-theater, non-traditional opera, performance art, puppetry, spoken word and theater. The focus is on the live performing arts.
Notice any performing art missing? NO MAGIC or MAGICIANS , yes there is puppetry but no magic??!!!

A grant was issued to a quasi magic show in their past round, I say quasi as it really is a comedy show with magic in it.

This angers, frustrates and saddens me. I could go on about the why and how I HATE the stereotype of magicians in America (the fault of and perpetuated by so many performers) but that doesn't accomplish anything. So I vent this one time and get it out while I continue to do everything in my power to elevate the art of magic

Can I count on you to do the same?
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Ed_Millis
View Profile
Inner circle
Yuma, AZ
2292 Posts

Profile of Ed_Millis
Have you tried contacting them to ask their rationale?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Food for through ..... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL