The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Recent Fun Finds (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Here are two fun finds I made over the past year.

Feel free to share something yourself.

The Dead Talk Back
Synopsis: (1957) A young blonde is brutally murdered. An eccentric scientist who sidelines as a criminal investigator has created an apparatus that can communicate with the dead!

The movie was filmed in 1957, but was not released until 1993 (it gave away too many of our secrets to be released sooner). 

The MST3K treatment can be found on Netflix and YouTube (search "the dead talk back" on YouTube) Beware there are some shorts before the feature. 

The first 5 or so minutes and the last 10 or so remind me of many bizarre acts I've seen.  The idea of using a radio to talk to the dead (a homemade Frank's Radio) adds to the fun.   Our counterpart is a young man in the film, observe how he looks and presents himself, it looks oh so, you get the idea.  

Horrorscopes: A Little Book of Misfortunes 
By Lucien Edwards

This black book is full of eerie predictions and ominous fortunes that add a sinister twist to the typical horoscope. Those who enjoy the dark side can look up their birthday to discover the terrible fate that awaits them—from attack by hungry zombies to transformation into an ogre. With useful information including dark days, unlucky numbers, and evil omens.

A wonderful little hard cover book (pocket sized) that has no more than 2 entries per page (4 days visible between two facing pages).  There is plenty of room two write down "misfortune cards" for every date.  

I found mine at Amazon last year and picked up two. 
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Thank you Tony, and as you probably already know, a certain Madame Groeda Weyrd worked exclusively in Astrology before she began work on that miserable deck of hers.
Frank Douglas
View Profile
Special user
555 Posts

Profile of Frank Douglas
My NetFlix gem last year was "The Clairvoyant".

Claud Raines
Fay Wray

Mentalist starts to see visions.

Cheers
Frank
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Recent Fun Finds (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL