The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2012 entrée: Tony Chris » » Who is Tony Chris and why should I care? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Tony Chris is a creative, award winning magician, lecturer, magic creator, full time professional entertainer, magic consultant for film and television, and also a magic dealer for his unique brand of magical creations available at www.tonychris.com

He has been performing magic for over twenty years as a top professional magician and has entertained thousands of people with his charming and witty adult style magic shows. He has lectured, performed and has been a magic dealer at magic conventions throughout North America and has even lectured at the world famous "Magic Castle". Some of Tony’s magic effects have been used on television by such personalities as Criss Angel and he has released over 40 magic DVD’s, effects, and books including:

• Karnival Of Magick Hampton Falls
  • The Chosen
  • Haunting with Christopher Taylor
  • The Crossroads
  • The Masterpiece
  • A Tony Christmas Magic Show
  • Bon Voyage
  • The Box
  • The Stealth Change Bag

He is best known for his story driven magic that hovers somewhere between the magic world of bizarre and mentalism .

An interesting fact is that Tony has an alter ego: Zany Zack, a popular children’s magician who has performed over 3000 children’s shows in the last 20 years!

In addition to the magic, he is also an actor for stage and screen as well as an accomplished musician who toured the world in the 1980’s with several heavy metal bands as a lead guitarist for the bands Medicine River and Gothica. He is also a musical recording artist, releasing 7 rock and heavy metal CD’s since 1985, and 3 children’s music CD’s since 2005 as Zany Zack. You can have a listen to these recordings at www.zanyzack.ca

Tony Chris continues to be a driving force in the world of close up magic with his unique blend of a bohemian, avant garde, and artsy edge to his magical offerings. Tony lives with his wife Penelope of 19 years, their two young children Shayla and Dimitri and their cat Vanilla in the suburbs of Vancouver, Canada. When he is not creating new magic effects or recording his next music release, he spends his time gardening in his backyard Zen garden where he finds a delicate balance of peace and contentment in this crazy, mixed up world!

Here are just a few of the nice comments about Tony’s effects:

Karnival of Magick

"Anyone that has any interest at all in the Bizarre, MUST get a copy of Karnival of Magick. Tony is the best thing to come along in the world of Bizarre magic in a very long time" - Tim Wiseman

"In this mad world of yelling, your quiet approach is not only welcome but exactly what this type of magic requires. Nice job" - Doug Higley

Hampton Falls

"Love this effect" - Luna Shimada

Haunting

"That is very cool" - Chipper Lowell

"That looks amazing" - Richard Sanders

"Hands down the best haunted pack I've ever seen...very spooky - Steve Brooks

Bon Voyage

"I really like your trick" - Eugene Burger

"I’ll take one for me and two more for my friends" - Jeff McBride

"I really love this effect" - Chris Kenworthey

The Crossroads

"Highly recommended" – Genii Magazine Review

"This looks very good indeed" - Cameron Francis

"Tony has put a lot of work into the details and the cards are great" - Christopher Taylor

"Great props, great routine and one of the best 3 card effects I've seen in a long time" - Paul Romhany

The Chosen

"I love the effect and Tony has put a lot of thought into this" - Peter Nardi

The Card Of Nosferatu

"Marvellously theatrical. I enjoyed it very much. Incredibly simple, powerful magick" - Ron Dayton

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2012 entrée: Tony Chris » » Who is Tony Chris and why should I care? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL