The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Find the Lady cards (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NathanHimes
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of NathanHimes
Hey everyone!

I have a set of large Find the Lady cards. I just want to know more about them.
They were given to me by a friend a few years ago, and have been sitting in my collection for some time, but I realized The other day when showing them to someone I really don't know much about them..

I do know that they were made by Ton Onasaka of Magicland Tokyo.
Other than that.. Nothing.

They are the set that slide up or down to transform.

If anyone knows where I can learn about them or knows anything about them, please let me know.

I don't even know what they are worth, I've heard anywhere from a little to a lot.

Thanks for any info that can be provided. I love them in my collection, but I want to know what I have.

Nathan
ronnyman
View Profile
New user
Indiana
56 Posts

Profile of ronnyman
The point of the trick is to have someone pick out the Queen in the three cards-out of 2 Kings and a Queen. They can't find it in two and then you ask them to find the King--they fail. When you turn them over the Queen is missing.

Can't tell you how in this section-Sorry.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hello Nathan

I THINK Max Maven/Phil Goldstein wrote the instructions for one early version. The retail was around $100-$125.

Julie
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Good evening Nathan et al

Our fellow Café member Dennis Loomis has shared his routine (complete with patter) for the Jumbo Three Card Monte similar to yours in the February 2012 issue of M-U-M Magazine.

It's worth tracking down!

Julie
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Julie,

Thanks for the compliment. This routine has been well received in my repertoire for many years.

Several dealers make versions of this and you can get them in different sizes. I have a small set for parlor shows and a larger one for stage. How much your set is worth would depend on the manufacturer, the size and the condition.

Since no one's mentioned it, its a version of the Three Card Monte which might help you find a set if you are searching on the net. Owen's Magic and Abbott's both used to make these, although I'm not sure if they still do. There was a brand called "Powell" I believe that made nice sets in three sizes is a nice plastic version. That's what I use and they have stood up well over many years.

Dennis Loomis
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Great Advice and Info from Dennis!!

This Link below has a mention & a King Monte Photo I posted About the Jumbo Routines I use
also why I perform Monte the way I do etc......

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=204&6

Cheers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Jumbo Find the Lady cards (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL