The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What to charge? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
I had a friend recommend me for a show in a few months for Christmas. I made sure it was something that I was capable of, and it turns out that all the client is looking for is some close-up table magic for some after-dinner entertainment.

I live in Toronto, and the site they want me at is two hours outside of Edmonton.

The question is, since this is the first time I've been asked to perform this far away from what I would call me "base" area, what would I charge? Double my usual fee, triple? They said they would be taking care of the flight, and hotel booking, all I have to do is make sure I am in the right place, at the right times.

Advice anyone?

David
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1137 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Since this is your first time working out of your area and they are taking care of travel and room, just double your fee. As you do more of these you will figure out what to charge and adjust. One thing to keep in mind is that you will end up having two full days invested. But that will happen a lot as your buisness grows. Those of us that travel a lot have that computed into our regular fees.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Eldon is right.

The best advice I can offer is to figure out how long this gig will take you out of circulation in your home base area.

Then calculate how many gigs that you could have potentially booked during that time and add on the air travel, hotel, and per diem.

Works for me!

Lyndel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What to charge? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL