The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where you perform Bizarre? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

WitchDoctor
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of WitchDoctor
As the topic,

1.i wanna know where did you guys start?
2.how to promo this kind of performance?
3.we knew that Bizzare need different style to show, not simple Magic, are you guys sometimes magician, soemtimes paranormal performancer?

actually I think Asian still need to learn for watch and enjoy Bizzare,
if it look like a magic show, some of audience may expect cards, coin, ball... ...
I try to perform bizzare alone few years ago, and I try duo act with a mentalist last year, I think the respone was good when Paranormal VS Science~
I wanna get more information about you guys to improve everything

4.any suggestion for more place to perform?
5.and/or how to make it more popular in Asia?

Best,
Witch Doctor
WhY SO SErIOUS?
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Small to medium sized theatres, parlours for private parties, after dinner parties.

Promotion uses the term 'Mystery Entertainment' and then words such a beguiling, enchanting, mysterious, uncanny, etc.

Occult is a turn off to most people as it is misunderstood as scary...

Here are some examples:

Edge of the Unknown
http://www.todd-landman.com/?page_id=1309

Evening of Enchantment
http://www.todd-landman.com/?page_id=343

Hope this helps!

Dr T
Lefebure
View Profile
Loyal user
Lille, France
202 Posts

Profile of Lefebure
The best way to underscore the bizarre side of your magic is not to use the words "magic" or "magician". Better to talk about "experience" or "mentalism", but still use the words "show" and "performance". Otherwise you could appear as a charlatan...
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Wise advice from Jeremy. My own performances are more in the 'occult' realm of things and are intended to be scary, so an audience that have a sense of expectation and venturing into the unknown is vital for these events to develop in the way they are intended to.
I never use the word 'magic' and allude to nothing of the kind.

The venue I use are rooms in old hotels with a long history, I also perform these nights at people's homes for private parties. The right venue is needed for creating the atmosphere required for the sort of nights that Dale and I put on. The nights are advertised as 'entertainment' but things are left ambigious and the audience leave with their own views intact and their own perspective on what they have witnessed.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
899 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Yes, but how do you market these shows?

What do you do to attract attention to your site or how do you be known to the potential client?

I have been trying direct mail & website, but it seems like a 'secret ingredient' is alluding me.

Well . . . at least I never give up!
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
Marqus, this is THE question and I honestly believe there is no one single answer to.

People pay a lot of money to attend seminars that claim to answer this question but the fact is what works for one may not work for another.

It's hard. I wish I had the secret recipie, because if I did I be a millionaire... Which I'm not Smile
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Where you perform Bizarre? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL