The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2012 entrée: Tony Chris » » Mistakes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
It is inevitable that somewhere along the line an effect goes south. Whether the participant screws it up or we do, it will happen. What advice can you give us to transition as smoothly as possible out of those awkward moments.
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
714 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
It has certainly happened to me, not often but still has happened. You know, at that point all I can do is try to laugh it off and play it down by saying something whimsical like, oops that probably wouldn't have happened if I was David Blaine or Copperfield or inject whichever other famous magician's name in there.

I try not to sweat the little things in life anymore. Generally, I try to keep my magic very simple in execution these days and do not rely on a lot of difficult sleight of hand. Even in my contemporary magic shows and close up work, my magic effects are fairly simple in modus operandi. I generally use effects that are always instant reset, easy to perform and don't require a lot memory work.

I have learned that it is funner to laugh at oneself then to look embarrassed and make a big deal of a blooper! People are very forgiving for the most part and if you laugh at your own errors and make a joke of it, chances are, they will see you as human and not infallible.

Just roll with it, clean up best you can and move onto something else to redeem yourself with.

It's all good at the end of the day!
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2012 entrée: Tony Chris » » Mistakes » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL