The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring On Stick (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1778 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I just want to thank everyone for this thread. All this great input has only added to my wish list!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Leo H
View Profile
Inner circle
1334 Posts

Profile of Leo H
Quote:
On May 16, 2015, VernonOnCoins wrote:the other problem with these newer variations is you cannot borrow the ring and if you are not borrowing the ring you are losing 75% of the routine's impact. Once again like all things modern it becomes "look at me, how clever I am"

Absolutely! You wring maximum impact out of this effect with a borrowed ring, preferably a wedding band. A ring with a heavy stone will throw the balance off and you will feel gravity pull the heavier part of the ring downward as you slide it on the wand or stick. This might not bother some but it bugs me. I suppose it's alright to use your own silver or gold band provided the spectator is allowed to thread it on the wand/stick at least once at the beginning. Of course, it won't stay that way for long.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
I perform this all the time with my own ring. I was tired of the flimsy thin multiply puzzle multiple like rings. I wanted a ring that does the job. because the ring and stick are examinable no effect is lost. one of my favorate routines.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1979 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Let's not forget John Carney's reworking with a straw.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I learned Jim Ryan's version from Jerry Mentzer's Magic With Finger Rings. Excellent responses to the routine!
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Dears, have anyone mentioned the excellent version of Flip (taught on World Greatest Magic : finger ring on rope), Supenpapos !

Also I remember reading (or viewing ??) a ring on stick routine involving a napkin I believe,
one of the phase involved a fake take of the ring laying on the table that would lead to the ring appearing under the napkin.
-> would anyone be able to point me to this material ?
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Forget that, Stars of Magic.
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ring On Stick (11 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL