The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Adice (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey lads,

How's the form?! I perform stand up mindreading shows but in the need of two specific props that I'd say be well known by members of this forum Smile I'm looking for two red balls, one that bounces and the other than does not. So I suppose s***** bouncy ball for non bouncy ball. Obviously they would have to be identical Smile

Lastly I don't know if there is something like this on the market but....I want to have a tennis ball in a gear bag and either via timer or via my command I want the ball to jump out of the bag? Is there anything on the market that could deliver on this or is it a bit too random?

As always thanks very much for your time, Any thoughts,advice or links to specific props would be great!

Thanks lads!

Pete
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Bounce, No Bounce Balls by Daryl for the first item. You could put the second item together at a Radio Shack.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks Id11017! Just wondering would those be suitable for stage shows? I'd like them to be very bouncy.....like for example drop the ball and it literally bounces shoulder height?
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2012-02-29 11:32, Pete Legend wrote:
Thanks Id11017! Just wondering would those be suitable for stage shows? I'd like them to be very bouncy.....like for example drop the ball and it literally bounces shoulder height?

You might have to provide a little momentum for the bounce ball to reach shoulder height, but the non-bounce ball (with the same momentum) will land with a thud and stay there.

FWIW
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ldl1017
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of ldl1017
Stanyon's right.
“I am, as I've said, merely competent. But in an age of incompetence, that makes me extraordinary.”
Billy Joel
MichaelDouglas
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
766 Posts

Profile of MichaelDouglas
There's an effect you can google called "Balls Up" that will toss a ball out of your case at you, and after a delay several more balls if you like.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks very much Stanyon and Id11017! Really is appreciated Smile

Michael thanks for the info! Sounds great!! I think I may be having a slow day (as per usual) but I cant seem to find that effect. Any hope that you could supply me with a direct link if you get a chance? Also would it be suitable for tennis size balls? Again thanks very much for your time and help Smile

Cheers lads!

Pete
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
It's hard Googling "balls up" in Ireland (or England for that matter) I imagine you don't get many magic tricks in the search results... More like angry customers of cowboy builders Smile
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Tim legend! That made me laugh! Smile Cheers for that! Smile
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Pete,

Here is a LINK for Balls Up

http://www.my-magicshop.com/buy-magic/balls-up.php

Hope this helps

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Hey KOnO,

Great stuff! Thanks very much for the link.I owe you a few pints sir! Smile

Thanks again all that posted. Looks like I'm sorted!

Cheers,

Pete
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Adice (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL