The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Putin (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
In advance of the Sunday election, Putin invited six newspaper editors from Group of Eight countries to dine with, and interview, him. This is the Canadian newspaper editor's resulting extensive article.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/worl......2357527/

Interesting reading ...

If any one can find similar articles from the other five editors, please post a link.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Balducci - glad you got home safely - I can only find this online but the article I read in the weekend print version of the Australian was much longer: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wor......87713441

This may also interest you - http://www.vanityfair.com/politics/2012/......y-russia - I hadn't read anything about Khodorkovsky for a couple of years and this popped up on Vanity Fair on the weekend - they have some good articles once you dig past all the celeb BS.
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Looks like Alexei Navalny was arrested again today:

Quote:
"They robbed us," anti-corruption blogger Alexei Navalny, one of the most influential opposition figures, told the crowd. "We are the power," he said to cheers, before being detained and taken away by the authorities.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/0......20120305

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Destiny ... Thanks for the VF link. Sadly, the Australian story seems to be for subscribers only.

P.s. Saw a great show at the Opera House ... La Soiree featuring members of La Clique, including the 'drag queen' Le Gateau Chocolat. I really liked the acrobats and the rubberman. The freddie mercury tribute singer / juggler was also pretty darned good. Never would have imagined the Opera House offered such fare.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
From what I heard on NPR this afternoon, Putin is a cryaby, and if I ever met him I'd tell him so.

(Note to self: avoid meeting Putin at all cost.)
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Putin once smiled down Davey Crocket.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3006 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
If he eats too much borscht, is Vladimir 'Putin'? (I know--bad--don't pretend to laugh.)
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2012-03-05 15:37, balducci wrote:

Destiny ... Thanks for the VF link.

"Khodorkovsky underwent his second conversion when the game stopped being fun. In August 1998 the Russian government defaulted on its debt obligations, sending the country into financial free fall. Khodorkovsky’s bank died in the crash. Yukos was also in trouble: the price of oil on the world markets was $8 a barrel, but Yukos, with its outmoded equipment, was spending $12 to produce a barrel."

So the VF article says. $8? Was it really? I guess it more or less was, but that seems hard to believe, today.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-03-05 19:57, Steve_Mollett wrote:
If he eats too much borscht, is Vladimir 'Putin'? (I know--bad--don't pretend to laugh.)

You're Putin us on.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Putin, where oh where could he be?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-......ish.html
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
It sounds like a case of 'No news is good news." Unless Putin was the Conservative in the bunch.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'd guess the most logical theory I've read, and the most probable reason would be.....Plastic Surgery.

I'd rather it be a coup, tho. We can hope.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Speaking of cooing, Vladimir Putin once remarked that Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon. The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, ****s on the board and then struts around like it won the game.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
I'd guess the most logical theory I've read, and the most probable reason would be.....Plastic Surgery.

Today they are saying he is resting in bed with the flu. We will see what tomorrow brings.

As for the coup thing. I was reading today that even the opposition in Russia is hoping that Putin is okay, because the opposition would never have a chance to take his place. In Putin's absence, the people who would likely take control are said to be worse than Putin ever was.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
What makes them think in Putin's absence we are going to take over?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Mar 15, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:

He and Berlusconi may be celebrating the latter's recent court victory with a little bunga bunga.
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.

Apparently he's been found on the roof of a Hotel.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Explaining Putin's absence -- The Best of the Memes:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31901078
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
He's back in the land of the living, and I read somewhere today that a lady he had enjoyed a romantic liaison with, gave birth to a child in the last week. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Putin (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL