The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP John Blake (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
John Blake passed away this morning after a 3 week stay in ICU in the hospital. He was a close friend, and always fun to be with, laugh with, and share stories. Our friendship spans some 40 years. Joanne and I will miss him greatly, and our hearts and thoughts are with Marie, his long time companion and partner. John and Marie run Eastcoast Magic in State College PA, and he was the mover and shaker there and responsible for forming the Bob Elliot Magic Ring 352, and a Penn State Magic Club. A past partner of the Tannen's Magic shop empire, John Blake was currently the owner of East Coast Magic, started off in magic in 1972. He first started working as a stock boy at Lou Tannen’s Magic Shop in New York City. John worked his way up to becoming a demonstrator and then moved on to head demonstrator. He later became the manager and finally became an owner. John left Tannen’s in order to have the opportunity to be able to perform, teach and consult more. His most memorable years there were when he was a student of Slydini and Frank Garcia. John was also fortunate enough to be helped by many other well known magicians of the time. John has since started East Coast Magic on June 1, 2002 but still continued to perform, teach and consult. John was a creator, manufacturer, lecturer, performer, and great friend to Magic. No details are available yet. Another great loss to us all. Goodbye my friend, I will miss you, and as you have always said, we will meet again soon in that big Thumb Tip in the sky.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
What a loss for the magic community. RIP Mr. Blake.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
R.I.P. Mr. Blake.

:(

Regan
Mister Mystery
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Obit just posted with Funeral details.

John A. Pennino, 59, of Bellefonte, died Monday, March 5, 2012 at Mount Nittany Medical Center.
Born November 30, 1952 in Manhattan, NY, he was a son of the late Salvatore and Josephine (Berlingeri) Pennino.
John was a great magician, working under the name of John Blake. He worked with many magicians including David Copperfield.
Friends will be received from 1 pm until the time of service at 2 pm, Friday, March 9, 2012 at Mark D. Heintzelman Funeral and Cremation Services, 1034 Benner Pike, State College.
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1850 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Craig,

I only dealt with John via email and phone and he was great to work with. Very helpful and full of knowledge. I hate to see him go.

My prayers are with him and his family.

David Williams
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
John was a very nice guy and friend. I last saw him in Miami a few years ago. He remembered me after 30 years. I was just getting to know him again.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » RIP John Blake (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL