The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
I want to create a hypnosis routine in which I have a sealed envelope shown before the performance - and in full view throughout.

I will take the spectator through an imaginary house, explaining the house in very good detail while they imagine it. I want them to imagine one object in particular which sticks in their mind. Inside the sealed envelope is a) that object or b) the object written or drawn on a piece of paper.

Anyone got any ideas or suggestions in creating this effect?

Thanks.

Kevin
cubreporter
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas
69 Posts

Profile of cubreporter
Are you looking for methodology here? There are so many possibilities! If you want nothing written down, then how about a "Yellow Ball of Yarn" idea in which the descriptions of the house lead them to one object, or maybe pre-show work where the visual story for them is a re-cap of the preshow, but the audience believes that it is in real time. This could be a closing effect with the right presentation...I would love to see how you develop this!
I am whatever I am to you.
Fon
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
200 Posts

Profile of Fon
Psychological subtleties by Banachek has a psychological force for some furniture in a house, so you "could" pull off this effect for real if you play it right,

Fon
Always thinking..........?
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Thanks for the replies so far, very useful!

Fon, I will check that out as I don't have a copy of Psychological Subtleties yet.

Thanks again.

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL