The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Performing Tommy Wonder Routine using Sherwood Cups (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi all:

Was wondering if anyone has performed Tommy Wonder's 2 cups routine, using the "Tommy Wonder Bag" as made by Auke Van Dokkum (per link below, under the section called "Products -> Other") and utilizing Sherwood Cups?

If yes, may I know whether you do encounter any issue?
Do you think Sherwood cup is suitable to be used to perform Tommy Wonder 2 Cups routine with the small and big pompon balls?

Would appreciate your feedback.
Thank you!

Link: http://www.cupsandballs.nl/
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Yes, it's possible. However, there are other cups whose shapes and dimensions may make it a bit easier. If you use the Sherwood cups, you will have to make pompons to fit the cups. Read the Tommy Wonder routine in his book or his lecture notes, and you will have a much better understanding of this.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Quote:
On 2012-03-10 12:55, Bill Palmer wrote:
Yes, it's possible. However, there are other cups whose shapes and dimensions may make it a bit easier. If you use the Sherwood cups, you will have to make pompons to fit the cups. Read the Tommy Wonder routine in his book or his lecture notes, and you will have a much better understanding of this.

Hi Bill:

In that case, would the regular cups made by Auke Van Dokkum be the more suitable set of cups (compared to Sherwood) to be used in performing Tommy Wonder's 2 Cups routine? If not, which set of cup would more suitable?

I read from your previous post (link as shown below) and came to know that the Official Tommy Wonder Cups were for sale by Auke van Dokkum. However when I went to the Auke Van Dokkum website what I could see is only regular set of cups which are sold separately from the Tommy Wonder Bag. Are the regular set of cups the same as Tommy Wonder set of cups? If not, where could I obtain the Tommy Wonder set of cups?

Would appreciate your advice.

http://themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic......orum=115
Moncle
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
41 Posts

Profile of Moncle
I have just made the pom poms and made a bag out of a knee high sock. Works really well. With a bit of persistence you can do it.

The instructions in his book for the pom poms I found not to be quite right, as I think he confuses diameters with radius, but after the first try you can work it out.
I think almost any cups will do the trick you just need to make the poms poms slightly over half the diamter of the mouth of the cup. If the cup is particularly short and wide you might have trouble fitting both pom poms in on top of eachother.(and of course the larger pom pom will need to fit with a small one)

I couldn't find the rope gimmick so I used a necklace barrel clasp whch does effectivley the same thing, I inserted it into a piece of wooden dowling to help with the business.

Like most things throw yourself into it and you can work something out, afterall Tommy started from scratch.

Good luck.

Mike.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Performing Tommy Wonder Routine using Sherwood Cups (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL