The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How Much Material? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
822 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Hi guys and gals quick question (or maybe not). I want to start doing a 30 minute show at a retirement home. I have a solid cards routine. Good rope and cups routine as well. I want to be prepared for the show and was wondering how much backup material should I have? Should I bring enough to put on an hour or 45 mins? I know variety is a must and I hope that by bringing more material if something flops I can just pick up the pieces and move on since I haven't done many of these type of shows. So any suggestions would help. Thanks.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
A silk vanish is good also.
30 minutes might be long enough
for a retirement home show.
todd
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Bring some close-up/tablehopping stuff. A large part of this kind of show is giving of yourself to those who may be lonely; sitting and chatting with them. A good way to get them to open up to you is with close-up magic one on one.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Bugatti
View Profile
New user
Germany
58 Posts

Profile of Bugatti
I agree with Spellbinder - close-up material is always good as a backup. Nevertheless, I wouldn´t aim at more than 30 minutes for your main show. That is quite a bit to start with, for you, but also for the elderly clients. It is a tough job to get their attention for 30 minutes. Don´t overdo it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » How Much Material? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL