The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Three by Steve Valentine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Yeah, I think people may have passed on this because of the price point. I think it is an absolute bargain for a trick that lives in my wallet and can provide 5-10 min of incredible entertainment at a moment's notice.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
If price is a firewall for many - all the better honestly. It's nice to perform an exclusive for awhile. It's really perspective. Can't tell me we all have been burned purchasing very poor magic props/routine/dvd at the same price point or more!
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2630 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
For something you will definitely use, I'd spend twice the money. The problem is we all have shelves full of bargain priced DVDs from which we use nothing.
If there's anyone on the fence, if you like the effect and how it looks, you will use it. It's practical, you end 100% clean and it's a lot of fun to do. It is currently my favorite packet trick to do.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

B2B Magazine Test!

Best impromptu progressive Ace Assembly ever!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Just ordered .. This and Stand Up Monte can do some major damage. Smile ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
I performed this tonight at dinner, and the entire table was screaming/out of their seats/checking the cards incessantly. The owner of the restaurant came by and asked for my card--WIN.
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
I did a one day magic camp for a bunch of kids last week. I was expecting 10-14 year olds, they were from 4-10 year old. Surprise! They learned some nice basic tricks but at age 4, they don't have much of an attention span. So, in between learning a few basic kid's tricks- I performed what magic I had on me and in my case (i didn't have my children's case with me).
Of all the tricks they saw, including sponge balls and sponge rabbits (sponge rabbits was their favorite- always is), I did THREE and it left their jaws dropped. I don't usually do card magic for kids so I was shocked at how they could follow along and how much they enjoyed it.
Its such a strong routine!
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
I just recently got this and all the rave reviews are certainly true.
I always love the premise of showing people what to look out for when watching three card monte.
People really get hooked & drawn in.

I just wish that with multiphase routines like this one, the creators would include a single page printed outline.
It's a pain having to go back to the DVD when first learning the routine. I always print out my own but it really should be included.
Especially in this case because there are several phases, and this trick is pretty pricey for this type of effect.
I don't think a single folded sheet of paper inserted into the DVD case would affect their bottom line.

But other than that one small gripe, this routine is close to perfect in my mind.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Yep, this is a great effect. Notice how Valentine's script changes a bit in each of the performances - maybe that's why they didn't include a written script? It's actually harder to do than I at first assumed. Valentine makes it look easy, but you have to be quite precise when performing this, or you'll blow the whole thing. It's definitely worth the effort, though. The different phases are visual and unrelenting, and the kicker is a stunner. Thanks to the change up in methods towards the end, you can hand out the cards as soon as the routine is over, with no switches. It's amazing how much magic Valentine squeezed out of one simple gimmick and some very clever thinking.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
nicolasmtg
View Profile
Veteran user
Argentina
378 Posts

Profile of nicolasmtg
Hello I need to know if the gimmick works for leftys Smile can anyone answer me on PM?
--------Magician and director at NONTRICKS.COM--------
slydini62
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of slydini62
Anyone willing to sell their copy of the Three card routine by Steve Valentine? Please message me.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No one mentioned Color Monte, easy to learn, entertaining routine, and can be done with ordinary playing cards. I think I seen the Color Monte moves with the cards in Steve Valentine's 3 Card routine for one phase. So it must be good.

Steve Valentine has website, I found once.

http://www.stevevalentine.com/store/c1/F......cts.html
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No one mentioned Color Monte, easy to learn, entertaining routine, and can be done with ordinary playing cards. I think I seen the Color Monte moves with the cards in Steve Valentine's 3 Card routine for one phase. So it must be good.

Steve Valentine has website, I found once.

http://www.stevevalentine.com/store/c1/F......cts.html
HoDinhYu
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of HoDinhYu
Looking good!
FelixKraus
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of FelixKraus
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2012, Canadian Guy wrote:
Two Time Magician of the Year, Steve Valentine has FINALLY RELEASED his Three Card Monte on DVD.

And here is the demo you have all been waiting for!!

Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXHz0iDVnpA

The Magic Apple in Studio City has exclusive distribution

This looks like a lot of fun.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Three by Steve Valentine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL