The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Magic - My Calling! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Quote:
On 2012-03-18 19:47, Roni wrote:
Snoogans,
I don't realy know why and what pushed you into this subject but unlike Magic the magick of Bizarre reading seance etc' takes a lot more study and understanding of the human nature. This is much more important than the "Effect" most of the effect is your personality and the way you present it. There is no trick here and even if you employ "Methods" they should be very well hidden within the plot. In our world there is o "Now you see it now you don't" It is just the oposite: They get involved emotionally with the story and the plot and don't suspect that "TRickery" is used.
If you think you can achieve this than you are on the right tracks but if you are looking to scare individuals for your pleasure I doubt if you will make a success of it.
Cheers
Roni

Thanks for the comments. I've always had an interest in it, but with Spirit Theatre out of print and expensive for so long, I didn't pursue it. I'm currently taking a psychology class so that also has sparked my interest with spirit magic, along with Spirit Theatre coming back into print. From a legal standpoint, scaring the bejesus out of people doesn't seem like a good idea, at least not without a signed release form prior to the seance.
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
May I suggest, for a small outlay you can find a lot of useful information in http://www.themysticmenagerie.com ?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 05:03, Snoogans wrote:
Would you recommend L.I.F.T?

YES !
As,I have nothing to sell you! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2012-03-19 05:03, Snoogans wrote:
Would you recommend L.I.F.T?

No! Absolutely not! Too many people know this already and I don't want anyone else to learn it. It's a little book and they want a lot for it. So what if the secret is worth 10X what you pay for it.

So don't get it unless you want to shock everyone and have people coming up after your demonstration to look at the table. Burn any copies you find of this book before you even look at it. The secret is too dangerous to know and may be banned in the U.S. under the Patriot Act law.

So don't get this unless you want something that audiences will remember and talk about for years. I recently had people arguing outside the showroom about the effect.

You don't want any of this, do you?
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
OOOOPS...I have to go burn mine!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Mind illusionist
View Profile
Special user
Australia
949 Posts

Profile of Mind illusionist
Burn mine??? Neverrr!

Snoogans if you really want to know more about LIFT pm me.
Dr. Van Van Mojo
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of Dr. Van Van Mojo
The Psychic Mafia - M. Lamar Keene
20 Tips for Seance Workers - Thomas Baxter

and another recommendation for these previously mentioned:
Paul Voodini's books
Seance - Scott Davis
Bigger Book of Boo - Larry Kuehn
Book of Haunted Magick - Rick Maue
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Thanks guys! I have a LOT of reading to do and I[m putting together ideas. I'm interested in the Jack the Ripper seance, but I'd like to know a little about it. What is included? I'm not looking to hear enough to talk me out of buying it, but enough to know if I'm interested enough.

Thanks!
Voodini
View Profile
Inner circle
1783 Posts

Profile of Voodini
Hi Snoogans. You've got How To Host the Perfect Seance from me. The Jack the Ripper Seance includes some different opening routines that you can use at the start of your evening to get your guests in the right frame of mind. The book then covers glass moving and the seance in a similar way the How To Host...

However the big thing with the Jack the Ripper Seance is that it is themed around Saucy Jack, so you get all the background history and ways to incorporate the Jack the Ripper story into an evening of seance. Once you understand the principle you can then go on to theme your own evenings around any historical figure you want. But if Jack the Ripper rings all the bells, then you have all the info you need in the one manuscript.

Hope that helps!
Voodini - cold reading, past life regressions, remote viewing, Q&A, palm reading, bizarre & seance...
www.readerofminds.co.uk
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
Quote:
On 2012-03-20 07:17, Voodini wrote:
Hi Snoogans. You've got How To Host the Perfect Seance from me. The Jack the Ripper Seance includes some different opening routines that you can use at the start of your evening to get your guests in the right frame of mind. The book then covers glass moving and the seance in a similar way the How To Host...

However the big thing with the Jack the Ripper Seance is that it is themed around Saucy Jack, so you get all the background history and ways to incorporate the Jack the Ripper story into an evening of seance. Once you understand the principle you can then go on to theme your own evenings around any historical figure you want. But if Jack the Ripper rings all the bells, then you have all the info you need in the one manuscript.

Hope that helps!

Thanks! I have a feeling that I need to do a lot more reading before I'm ready for my first seance. Your stuff is pretty detailed and I'm enjoying it! I'm still printing out Bob Cassidy's stuff from his audio DVD.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Seance Magic - My Calling! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL